UBot Underground

[Buy] $120 Reward, It Might Only Take You 5 Minutes!

Hi, I have a commercial bot, and I'm losing sales to refunds and I can't promote it further because a few weeks ago a website change happened and my bot has not worked properly since.

The problem is that a particular website crashes when ubot navigates to some web pages (both in Dev, and compiled versions). My problem is as simple as that. I don't need any coding done, I just need to find what's causing the crash.

The problem is not logic, this bot used to work perfectly and node logic won't cause crashes like this (I don't think!). Currently, the bot works for some users, but it crashes on my system and on many others. I suspect it's OS settings or permissions, or IE settings, it could antivirus but I doubt it.

Things I have tried:

Removed subs and loops from within subs (memory issues)

User agent switching (this could still be the issue, but I've changed the UA to chrome and it still didn't work)

I've tried narrowing it down to OS, I run win7 and it fails, but it works on my xp machine. However, I think other win7 users can make it work fine.

JohnB and Net66 can vouch for me, I promise to pay the $120 even if it only takes you 5 minutes to solve this damn problem for me. I'll still pay $40+ (depending on time spent) even if you have a good go but can't help me.

Send me a PM. Please note it's only fair that I do this with just one person. I'll have a quick look at your profile, and we need to be able to skype so we can test this thing out.

I'll update this thread when I've got someone.

What happens when you navigate to these pages in a regular IE browser? And are you saying the site crashes or the bot crashes?

Seems it comes down to a JavaScript issue and how its used on tum*blr and how its read in ubot.

If you disable JavaScript in your security settings of IE, you will be able to navigate and work in tumb*lr without issue, and at a faster speed as well.

Here is an easy way to bypass it and shut off Active Script

You can follow these directions

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6584-tip-guide-to-switching-onoff-images-in-ubotie/page__view__findpost__p__31866

can run it as a shell from ubot to disable then start navigating, then re-enable it just before the bot ends.

TJ

Mate - know exactly what you are going through, just had to redo all my Tumblr bots.

One of the problems, one you said you have changed, was the UA - after I did that it appeared to work fine with a couple of small tweaks elsewhere

Guess it depends on what you are doing - if you are still having problems drop me a PM with what you are trying to do and at what point everything goes south!

Cheers

M.

EDIT: Forgot to say, we can IM on Skype, my username: custombot

What happens when you navigate to these pages in a regular IE browser? And are you saying the site crashes or the bot crashes?

TJ has found the problem. It caused Ubot, and the compiled bot to crash. The screen would freeze and I had to end process in task manager.

This is a known issue with Tumblr. Unfortunately, there is no fix yet, so following TJ's recommendation is the workaround for now.

John