UBot Underground

Is it possible to script a "vote up" or "reply" on youtube?

For example at any youtube video for example

there are tons of comments, if I want to vote up or reply to one of them , theres no way to choose a specific one. It would just choose by attribute, it would select a random comment to vote up or reply too. I tried looking for any javascript but web 2.0 seems to make things difficult for ubot. Is there any way past this in ubot? :rolleyes:

I'm trying to follow the logic here. Are you saying you know which comment you want to vote up? If you do, then have it search for the text. If you don't, what difference will it make which comment it votes up...sounds to me like there is a manual element required to accomplish this (at the very least choosing an appropriate comment).

Where there's a will, there's a way! Can you provide a specific example?

John

I'm trying to follow the logic here. Are you saying you know which comment you want to vote up? If you do, then have it search for the text. If you don't, what difference will it make which comment it votes up...sounds to me like there is a manual element required to accomplish this (at the very least choosing an appropriate comment).

Where there's a will, there's a way! Can you provide a specific example?

John

Your right I should have been more clear. So lets say at that same video only seeing comments at the page http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=9VB2E1PFHcM I wanted to vote up the comment that says

"I watched green lantern and it was great and I recomend that you watch it

Spongeboulder "

But only that comment?

I was going to work on this exact thing in a couple of days. By voting up comments, you make them "sticky". Which means your comment and link back to you will sit there indefinitely, while the other comments roll off the page.

I was wondering how I was going to do this. The CHOOSE FROM CHOSEN number will change as more people comment. Not sure how you would identify where you are. Here's an example:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4659/commentsyoutube.png

Once your in the top two, then it would be easy. Once your comment has rolled off the first page, how would you track it down?

(5 minutes later after going through my fridge)

OOH! I just thought of something! You can find all your latest comments on your CHANNEL page within the RECENT ACTIVITY box. (if you have it turned on)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/883/recentactivity.png

THAT link will take you right to the comment you want to vote up. It looks like it hops around on the page, but at least you don't have to rummage through dozens or even hundreds of comments to find yours.

(5 minutes later after going through my fridge)

OOH! I just thought of something! You can find all your latest comments on your CHANNEL page within the RECENT ACTIVITY box. (if you have it turned on)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/883/recentactivity.png

THAT link will take you right to the comment you want to vote up. It looks like it hops around on the page, but at least you don't have to rummage through dozens or even hundreds of comments to find yours.

yeah, but the question now is how do you actually choose only your vote up from that page!

Without any looking at the html or UBot - I'm guessing I would do this:

Post your comment. (as long as the video wasn't getting hammered with comments, yours will be the first one for a while)

Select by attribute all the "vote up" buttons

Use CHOOSE FROM CHOSEN and figure out which number your comment is. I'm guessing it will be #3, after the two mostly voted ones on top.

Can some sort of javascript be used to select and click the "vote up" button? If not, move mouse and click by position. (with pro version) Still not sure how well the click by position will work if the page has different blocks of text above it.

I wonder if you could use FOCUS on that particular roll over, put the image in the same spot of the screen, then click it.

• 3 months later...

What I want to know is this. If I can get the Click Chosen to work will the Vote up be immediate or is there a time delay with YouTube?

Yes, I am able to get it to click it. I am logged in and the Thumbs Up icon changes BUT how do I REALLY know that my vote even worked?

Here's the other thing...you will obviously be storing your comments so finding them will be easy by virtue of the "View all comments" link.

John