UBot Underground

{IN PROGRESS} Help finishing a WordPress updater

Hi,

A real newbie with Ubot so far, I'm about to buy a licence but I understand a Ubot-based .exe file can be executed on any PC ?

My goal for now is to find someone creating a bot that will connect to my WordPress site, and select the Upgrade box in the admin panel (considering I now there is an upgrade to apply). I then would like to have that bot upgrade the plugins (go to the update section, check All, click Send).

Later I'd like to grab any text displayed and maybe have it emailed to me in order to check results, or maybe analyze the returned text and act on it. I understand all those things can be done with UBot ?

After that the next step is to do that for a list of blogs from a CSV file, feasible too ? If you create that bot can I later edit the source if I have a licenced Ubot ?

Thanks for any advice, and if you can write that bot let me know !

I have a compiled bot like this in beta testing and I can allow you test and use it for free if you wish.

Does the following

choose with checkbox: updates core, plugins, themes, verify plugin

verify plugin - checks to make sure certain plugins are enabled(all in one seo and others in future)

Created error logs

wordpress.txt (record success and failures and what websites worked and failed)

aerror.txt (records errors and what websites failed)

I know of 3 versions of this software already out for ubot.

I did not have notifications and missed your reply just seen by chance today. I'll be glad to test another solution even though I want to go towards having my own bot I can customize.

Ok, so I edited this subject as I'm looking for help to have my updater work.

I have spent some time discovering the soft but have other things to deal with, and frankly am a bit discouraged by a few things: I expected that bot to be a simple but useful example, but a lot of hurdles have come up, so I hope a senior developer can help me obtain that working tool soon, to let me appreciate Ubot again.

Right now here is the situation:

- sites to visit must be read from a CSv file, and that does not work properly, see http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7022-loading-a-csv-file/

- The WP login form worked fine (it was filled with un and pw) but stopped working whereas I did not change anything in the script. I had IE9 and cancelled the upgrade so am back to IE8.

- The script seems caught in a loop at one point, and breaks out of it after 120 sec - full code provided.

All in all the bot is very near to completion and did work fine at some point but only worked for 1 URL.

My need is to fix those bugs, after what I have many improvements and new bots ideas, so I'd be glad to find someone who can take our projects to completion.

Thanks !

For anyone jumping into this I've already completed the main bot that will load blog credentials from a CSV file and loop through them to update each blog attached.

We're running into issue with the end of line characters from dsaunier's text editor. For some reason the bot is not recognizing the end of line, and adding the login name from the next blog into the URL of the previous. This is causing the bot to error on initial login and not loop to the next blog.

FYI to anyone looking to help, dsaunier is working with fr_FR wordpress blogs as well as English.

Dave is even more than Super and has helped finish that Bot, so that bot is in progress and nearly completed.

I can underline he has helped us in a way that sets the reference in terms of professionalism and commitment.

Now on to more bots ideas with such a supportive developer ;-)

Gold star .

Woo..

Serious note though. Dave is a great guy and is very awesome at coding in Ubot. Nice job Dave.

TJ

I concur! http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif