UBot Underground

Return URL of linking page and Build List?

Hi,

I have a list of website directories that include links to my site. I need to build a list of all the URL's of the linking pages.

I have a list of all the directory URL's, and the navigation is the same for each one, -> Directory -> Category -> Subcategory, etc.. so I will create a loop that tells Ubot to visit each directory, navigate to the linking page, and then 'hopefully' add the URL of the linking page to a list.. That's it.

Is there a command that will do this?

Also, if there is an error like "page not found" or the directory can't be found can I instruct Ubot to skip that site and navigate to the next?

Thanks for your help!

Tyler

It will all be basically logic at the end of the, it's how you plan and program the script. What you want as inputs and what and how as outputs.

Well a command to grab the URL of the page can be found under the document commands.

But nOt any specific command to do all that for you.

Tutorials at : http://ubotstudio.com/tutorials.aspx can be very helpful.

Praney

I dunno if its the most efficient but you can do variable commands>add to list>(choose your list) and for content do $url under document settings.

That will add the current page you are on to the list specified. You can then do save to file and select a file and under content do inserts>insert list and select the list you used before.

That will create a list of the URL on the page when you want it, just call the add to list on each page you want saved, and then you can save it to the file either after each time you update your list (stores all previous entries as well) or at the end of your cycle.