UBot Underground

New Here - My first noob question

So, first, my apologies for posting something I SHOULD be able to find elsewhere. But 20 minutes of google and forum searching has come up with nothing, so here it is...

First: How do I take text from a text field form, and copy it to a variable? I've looked and looked, and I cant find anything to do it...

Second: I've used iMmacros before, and you can open multiple tabs (not for bots, but browser windows) and switch between. I have NOT searched on how to do this yet, figured I'd ask as long as I'm posting.

Third: Maybe there's a better solution, so here's what I'm doing and maybe I can do it in a more streamlined manner. I'm taking data from a database, submitting it to a web form, and then taking results and posting it back into the database. I used to do this via CURL/PHP scripts, but by doing that I need to examine the source of the page loads, and manually build everything. Its why I bought UBot, it's SO much easier.

In PHP I can directly interface with the MySQL database. So my first question - can UBot do that? I'm assuming not, it's not something most people would need.

So failing that, I've made webpages to pull and insert data from the database. It's how I messed with it using iMacros. No big deal. I've actually made the beginnings of a bot that pulls up my page, inputs some data, submits the form... but now I'm where I need to pull the data thats returned back into UBot - hence question #1 above.

Is there an easier way to interface with my database? I dont mind the setup I'm using. If I could have tabs that would make things easier (tab1 is the website I'm working on, tab2 is my website for data pull/push).

Failing all that - how do I take text from a form field and copy it into a variable?

1. choose by attribute, use the set node and content use scrape chosen.

2. use threading with new window or just new window depending on your application needs.

3. yes you can interact with mysql however you ahve to send the php pages details and then have your php page use $_POST or $_GET the attributes and use it accordingly with the database.

Tabs

at the top of the ubot development area hit the new tab button. next to the name of your tab at the top.

TJ

1. choose by attribute, use the set node and content use scrape chosen.

2. use threading with new window or just new window depending on your application needs.

3. yes you can interact with mysql however you ahve to send the php pages details and then have your php page use $_POST or $_GET the attributes and use it accordingly with the database.

Tabs

at the top of the ubot development area hit the new tab button. next to the name of your tab at the top.

TJ

Where do I find scrape chosen? I dont see that anywhere in the set Paramaters...

As for #3 I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Choose by see attached.

Far as 3 if you are moderate or higher with php / mysql you will understand POST and GET and how it works.

example having your bot navigate to a site url as

http://yoursite.com?useremail=something&somethign=somethinganswer

in your site you can have the php for example

<?php

if( isset($_POST['useremail']) && ($_POST['useremail'] != '')){

//process something in mysql here with mysql_query

}
?>

post-2492-0-81660400-1305679982_thumb.gif

Choose by see attached.

Far as 3 if you are moderate or higher with php / mysql you will understand POST and GET and how it works.

example having your bot navigate to a site url as

http://yoursite.com?useremail=something&somethign=somethinganswer

in your site you can have the php for example

<?php

if( isset($_POST['useremail']) && ($_POST['useremail'] != '')){

//process something in mysql here with mysql_query

}
?>

Riiiight... I know choose by. Got that. I said I cannot find SCRAPE CHOSEN ATTRIBUTE anywhere in the Set paramaters...

And as for the PHP scripts, I already said in the OP that I've already DONE that. I was wondering if there was a way uBot interfaced directly with MySQL.

Riiiight... I know choose by. Got that. I said I cannot find SCRAPE CHOSEN ATTRIBUTE anywhere in the Set paramaters...

And as for the PHP scripts, I already said in the OP that I've already DONE that. I was wondering if there was a way uBot interfaced directly with MySQL.

As for php

you mentioned

As for #3 I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

so i went ahead and gave you an example.

as for scrape chosen attribute its at the very bottom of the right click menu as shown in the image. might be cut off but when you right click it will be the last item on the list.

put the set node in.

name it, content leave blank.

then click on the red content area of set

right click on the area you want to scrape and pick scrape by chosen attribute.