UBot Underground

it's crazy fast! just wanted to put that out there

also helped me discover that the Skype IE plugin really slows the browser down (and UBot as a consequence, so if you have Skype installed, you might want to try disabling that for a speed boost even if you don't upgrade to IE9)

Skype doesn't actually play well with others...try doing a screenshare with any program running...mine crashed (Skype) every time...I have a quad core, 8Gb memory machine...more than enough to handle two programs...in any event Skype is free and it's VERY difficult to argue with free when it does so much!

• 2 weeks later...

it's crazy fast! just wanted to put that out there

Any bugs and/or issues with Ubot?

Does it accelerate "normal" pages or just HTML5/Graphics stuff?

I got a bit brave and tested it on my server.

Results: 20%-50% less CPU consumption on my bots. WOW!

About the same amount of RAM usage if anyone is wondering. (at least it's not worse, same leaks/growth in consumption)

The system has no real GPU, just the on cpu one (core i7 2600k with H67 board), but then again, I am not using any HTML5 or otherwise graphical sites.

Bugs:

On the main bots I haven't seen anything problematic yet.

I have a small test bot that gives some error "Xenocode postbuild 2008 - unable to load the required virtual machine" and then ends itself.

* Another note, I didn't recompile the bots, I don't know if that will have any effect on performance or bugs.