UBot Underground

Running multiple bots, for the same site, on 1 computer?

I have a bot that logs in and out of a list of accounts, and performs a set of tasks on a website with each account.

I would like to be able to run more than one of these bots at the same time, on one computer, if possible. However, I can't seem to effectively run more than one, because internet explorer only allows you to be logged into 1 account at a time, for a site. If i run 2 of these bots on the same computer, at the same time, they conflict with eachother.

I've been running 1 bot on my pc and one on my laptop, for the time being, but I'd love to know if there's an alternative that would allow me to run multiple versions of the same bot on 1 pc.

Thanks for any help!

That would be a perfect solution, but it doesn't seem to work the same way in windows 7 x64, which is what i have.

I can only "run as administrator" i don't seem to have options to run programs under the different user accounts i created.

win 7 64bit (tested on my pc)

1. Create another user account.

2. Once the account is set up, go to the shortcut icon of the program, say Firefox.

3. Press Shift (and hold) on the keyboard and at the same time right-click on the icon.

4. Select “Run as different userâ€Â.

5. This will prompt you for user name and password of the other user account.

6. Enter the required details.

7. The program will instantly open again under that new windows user account.

• Like 1

win 7 64bit (tested on my pc)

1. Create another user account.

2. Once the account is set up, go to the shortcut icon of the program, say Firefox.

3. Press Shift (and hold) on the keyboard and at the same time right-click on the icon.

4. Select “Run as different userâ€Â.

5. This will prompt you for user name and password of the other user account.

6. Enter the required details.

7. The program will instantly open again under that new windows user account.

Thanks for the help!

I followed your steps, and it works with pretty much every program except my bot, lol.

Have you been able to successful get a ubot running with this?

Here's the error i get when i try.

http://content.screencast.com/users/CharlieTango/folders/Jing/media/2a02e16d-18b1-4fc3-b5f0-b791e27993f6/2011-02-12_0154.png

• 4 months later...

I'm looking at scaling my bots and this seems like quite a straightforward way of doing it. Does anyone know if cookies and proxy settings are unique to each account or are they shared across accounts. Cookies I assume would be separate but I'm not so sure on the proxy settings.

Thanks for any help!