UBot Underground

Compile ubots for MAC COMPUTERS

Seth, Lilly, admins, will we ever see the ability to compile a UBOT compatible with a MAC?

MACs are getting pretty popular, and I can see a big profit potential for both the developers of UBOT, and ubot builders like myself.

Will this ever happen or...?

On the plus side Ubot seems more stable with vmware and parallels than it used to be.

Andy

yep mac users can use ubot if they run it in vmware or parallels

i don't own a mac myself but i have had clients and beta testers of my bots report to me that they can use it on their macs by doing that

Why....whhhhyyyy...?!

So many people have MACS these days, we're all leaving money on the table.

If they use a MAC then they better come to terms with their choice in computers.

As for whhhyyyyy. Well, because the entire framework Ubot was built on (.NET), doesn't exist at all on MACs. Or if it does, its buggy as hell (Mono and WPF? Ugh).

Porting Ubot to MAC would be a nightmare. It relies heavily on windows only components. Plus I think the VSL interface is a pre-built component so I think they would have to make new interface from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 Mac computers, but since moving into Internet Marketing 2 years ago I've had to buy a Windows computer and laptop because developers don't make apps available for Mac. The reason being is unless you're developing with Java, or willing to put your faith in the Mono Framework then developers have to use Objective-C.

Now the problem is a lot of software on Windows is created with the .net framework. A lot of the headaches in C type languages such as pointers, garbage collection, etc don't exist when developing with VB, C# etc. To cut a long story short windows developers don't have the experience with Macs, and if they do they don't have experience programming for them or have the time to learn.

Sorry for providing to much information. I would love UBot to work on the Mac, but because of some of the problems above I can't see it happening. Unless of course they hired a developer to do it.

I have Zero macs. I got burned by Apple many years ago back during the Apple IIe days. Then the Macintosh came out and that became the new Whiz Bang system to get. I did not buy it. Where are they today? Boat anchors. The same will happen to macs. It's in Apples DNA.

Finally, Steve Jobs. I feel sorry for the guy for being so sick. I think he is the "TRUE" brains behind the company. BUT when he is no longer able to work or passes away (I hope the guy doesn't) then Apple will die. He is SO much Apple it is the inevitable for the company.

The iPhone and iPad could survive but the mac. I just don't see it.

Of course, this post is MY opinion and doesn't represent the opinions of this company. But I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Select. lol