UBot Underground

Easily adding your own sites

Below is an example of what I would ultimately like to do. I know this relates to what Ubot is designed for, but not sure if it can be done this easily.

Example scenario: I find a new web 2.0 site, a forum relevant to my site, etc.. I then want to "train" my app to record the login, post, or profile creation procedure. Pretty straightforward.

Check out this site:

http://www.magicsubmitter.com/

Scroll down the page and check out the "How to add any site..." video. This would be awesome to be able to add your own sites so quickly and easily. This looks like a Ubot app, but not sure.

I just think being able to add your own sites easily is very powerful. I would eventually like to be able to do this with all types of sites - forums, blog comments, profiles, etc..

I appreciate all of the replies here. Hopefully I am contributing by sparking some ideas.

Thanks again.

There's been talk about adding this to Ubot in the long term, but it's still far away. I believe that for now Seth is working on adding simpler but more urgent features, as well as fixing existing bugs and making Ubot more stable :)

You could implement this in Ubot now. Just have all the footprints to search for populated by a text file. Users can then add their own custom text files to add new sites.

ps. I havent tested it, it's theoretically possible but ubot has many quirks so it may not be straight forward. When I'm not so busy I'll try and do a proof of concept