UBot Underground

Download File - Google Analytics PDF

Hello,

I'm having a problem trying do download the google Analytics dashboard report. The file will download but I'm getting an error when I open it. The error is "Acrobat could not open the pdf because it is either not a supported filed type or because the file has been damaged....."

I'm using the download file command with the following url

https://www.google.com/analytics/reporting/export?fmt=0&id=ID_REMOVED&pdr=20101101-20101130&cdr=20101001-20101030&cmp=date_range&rpt=DashboardReport

Any ideas on whats causing this problem?

Have you tried downloading the file manually in Internet Explorer and then opening it?

Is it really only corrupt when downloaded from within ubot?

Andy

Yep I did try that as well :) I forgot to mention it. I'll open a ticket Thanks for your help Andy.

The reason why it's not working is because the download file command needs a direct link to the file(ex: http://dreamsongs.com/Files/ Trakl.pdf ). In this case, you need to use the click dialog button commands, not download file.

I can send you a script* for what you're trying to do but first what version of UBot Studio are you using?

The reason why it's not working is because the download file command needs a direct link to the file(ex: http://dreamsongs.com/Files/ Trakl.pdf ). In this case, you need to use the click dialog button commands, not download file.

I can send you a link for what you're trying to do but first what version of UBot Studio are you using?

I'm using the pro version. Thanks.

Start on the page where you have to click the little Export button, and run this script:

It will not allow you to change the name of the file, but it will save it.

Thanks. That script seems to work with an un-complied bot. It doesn't work when the bot is compiled.

I was hoping the download file command would work because I need to loop through and download multiple reports for multiple clients. So saving the files to different locations would be a huge help.

Thanks. That script seems to work with an un-complied bot. It doesn't work when the bot is compiled.

I was hoping the download file command would work because I need to loop through and download multiple reports for multiple clients. So saving the files to different locations would be a huge help.

Lilly, Do you have any info on why the function won't run in a compiled bot? Or if the download file command will ever be able to handle this?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Lilly, Do you have any info on why the function won't run in a compiled bot? Or if the download file command will ever be able to handle this?

Thanks!

Again, download file only works with direct links to the file.

I do not have any new information as to why it does not work compiled. When I do, I will let you know.

Again, download file only works with direct links to the file.

I do not have any new information as to why it does not work compiled. When I do, I will let you know.

Please let me know when you have more info. Its pretty frustrating paying for an upgrade only to have to wait because the software has a bug.

Please let me know when you have more info. Its pretty frustrating paying for an upgrade only to have to wait because the software has a bug.

we haven't confirmed if that is a bug or not. Your problem does not have anything to do with whether or not you have an upgrade. If it is, we will specifically let you know that it was a bug and send out a fix.

Ok, figured why it was having issues within the compield bots. It was trying to load an internet explorer pop up each time I'd click the pdf link. The compiled bots by default disables external pop ups like the one google was trying to bring up.

What you need to do is grab the link for the direct link to the pdf (the link you tried to use with download file.)

Create a script that navigates to that direct link, use the click dialog button command to click the Save button on the dialog, and then use the send keys command to press Enter. Use another click dialog button command to close the last dialog. That should download the pdf fine for you.

• 3 months later...

Ok, figured why it was having issues within the compield bots. It was trying to load an internet explorer pop up each time I'd click the pdf link. The compiled bots by default disables external pop ups like the one google was trying to bring up.

What you need to do is grab the link for the direct link to the pdf (the link you tried to use with download file.)

Create a script that navigates to that direct link, use the click dialog button command to click the Save button on the dialog, and then use the send keys command to press Enter. Use another click dialog button command to close the last dialog. That should download the pdf fine for you.

Lilly,

Can I solve this if i don't have a ubot pro version ???

Thanks for now...

@Lino de Franca

I think this is a old thread. Let me suggest that you open a new thread and describe what you need. The reason is, UBot has changed considerably since 12/2010 when this thread was started.

• 3 months later...