UBot Underground

Outputting results in uBot

Hey Guys,

I just bought uBot (Dev) and working on my first test bot.

I'm trying to create a Google Top 10 scraper and it's working

fine, it saves the top 10 urls into a file.

But I do not want to save the results into a file.

I would like to output the results inside uBot in a copy/pastable format.

Either as an UI Element or in the browser window (tried this with

"write to browser" but it's not copy/pastable)

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Gabor

• Like 1

The only other way to do it (in my humble opinion) is to write out your list to a .txt file and then read that into the write browser node that I used.

That should format the lines much quicker. Although I have not tested that yet.

Hmmm..and then I'll be able to copy/paste the results from the browser window?

Isn't there a way to output the results in a UI Block Text element or something like that?

Thanks,

Gabor

quote name='BotBuddy' date='14 December 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1292333547' post='26096']

The only other way to do it (in my humble opinion) is to write out your list to a .txt file and then read that into the write browser node that I used.

That should format the lines much quicker. Although I have not tested that yet.

There maybe will have to see if any one else has an idea or two. I just tried my idea of writing to a file first to retain the carriage control and it did not work. It did not work. So right now you would have to setup a loop to write to the browser window one entry at a time using the proper html cofing for lines

data

or data

IMO - this should be a simple taks without much programming.

But then can I copy/paste the results from the browser window?

Thanks,

Gabor

There maybe will have to see if any one else has an idea or two. I just tried my idea of writing to a file first to retain the carriage control and it did not work. It did not work. So right now you would have to setup a loop to write to the browser window one entry at a time using the proper html cofing for lines <p>data</p> or data<br>

IMO - this should be a simple taks without much programming.

Personally I simply run a shell command to open the created TXT file !

SHELL notepad.exe PATH-TO-YOUR-FILE\file.TXT :rolleyes:

Is it not what you want ?

I'm getting sometimes crazy too with Ubot "I put everything in a file" behavior :P

EDIT : SORRY I DIDN'T SEE YOU ABSOLUTELY WANTED IT INSIDE UBOT

Gabor, are you saying you want UBot to copy and paste it from the browser window, or you just want the ability to do it manually?...and if you want UBot to do it, where are you trying to paste it to?

This is simple but may take some fiddling about. Just use the "run javascript" command to run a javascript that copies to clipboard.

Example code: http://www.dynamic-tools.net/toolbox/copyToClipboard/

You may also need to use the "write to browser" command to add script tags to page or to write the function to the page and then call it from "run javascript"

**EDIT**

I just tried outputting text directly to browser and I could copy it fine. What am I missing?

This is simple but may take some fiddling about. Just use the "run javascript" command to run a javascript that copies to clipboard.

Example code: http://www.dynamic-tools.net/toolbox/copyToClipboard/

You may also need to use the "write to browser" command to add script tags to page or to write the function to the page and then call it from "run javascript"

OK, I'll try this.

I just tried outputting text directly to browser and I could copy it fine. What am I missing?

First I add it to a list and then I write the list to the browser with "write to browser"

And when I select the list items in the browser and right click to copy it the uBot right click menu comes up that doesn't contain copy.

Thanks,

Gabor

But I can copy/paste in the compiled bot so problem solved :D

Thanks,

Gabor

OK, I'll try this.

First I add it to a list and then I write the list to the browser with "write to browser"

And when I select the list items in the browser and right click to copy it the uBot right click menu comes up that doesn't contain copy.

Thanks,

Gabor