UBot Underground

Can't use a table... outside the range?

I'm trying to use a &table and it just won't work. Can't figure out why.

I have a CSV, I load it into a table. No problem. I can display the number of rows in the &table and it correctly reports there are 25, so I know it got the data. But if I then try to access a specific cell - ANY cell - it won't work, reporting that I'm trying to request a cell outside the range of the table. Even a cell of 1,1 won't work.

Anyone know what the deal is with this? Been beating my head against it since last night.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I'm trying to use a &table and it just won't work. Can't figure out why.

I have a CSV, I load it into a table. No problem. I can display the number of rows in the &table and it correctly reports there are 25, so I know it got the data. But if I then try to access a specific cell - ANY cell - it won't work, reporting that I'm trying to request a cell outside the range of the table. Even a cell of 1,1 won't work.

Anyone know what the deal is with this? Been beating my head against it since last night.

Thanks,

Jonathan

And this only occurs with that specific csv?

Nope, I just created a new .csv just to test, and it still happens. Every time it gets the proper row count, but I get a "cell you requested is outside the table range" error even when I go for cell 1,1.

Any suggestions? I really need this to work urgently.

Thanks,

Jonathan

OK I have verified this is a problem in an older bot, but creating a new bot and using the same exact commands with the same CSV works just fine.

So it appears that in bots created with a previous version of UBot (not sure which one frankly but it was before tables were introduced), they will be unable to retrieve data from a table. I've tried saving as in the current UBot but that didn't help.

What do I do about this? I don't want to lose all the work I've put into this old bot but I need to be able to use tables... suggestions?? This is pretty urgent for me!

Jonathan

Sure thing... see attached.

Just create a csv with at least 1 row and column of data, point the bot to it, and run it.

Jonathan

bad table.ubot

I just tried that bot. AT first it seemed unable to work, but then I realized by delimiter was set wrong. I changed the delimiter and was able to fill a field with the contents of the file and I got the javascript pop up saying "Thread". There was no error.

Maybe check your table delimiter and set it according to what the delimiter is in the file?

I'm afraid I don't understand. My delimiter is set to the default, which is comma. I've never changed it. The file is a CSV, so by definition the delimiter should be a comma, no? Also, those identical nodes will work perfectly fine just as they are if I copy & paste them into a NEW bot, they only don't work inside of the old bot.

Other suggestions? The javascript popup should alert with whatever is in column 1 row 1.

Jonathan

I'm afraid I don't understand. My delimiter is set to the default, which is comma. I've never changed it. The file is a CSV, so by definition the delimiter should be a comma, no? Also, those identical nodes will work perfectly fine just as they are if I copy & paste them into a NEW bot, they only don't work inside of the old bot.

Other suggestions? The javascript popup should alert with whatever is in column 1 row 1.

Jonathan

What I tried to explain was this: I received the out of range error you were talking about at first, and then it went away once I noticed my delimiter was set to a colon and not a comma. The script then ran fine. I thought your issue might be similar to this.

Was the sample you posted NOT supposed to work on our version of UBot Studio?

The sample I posted does not work properly for me in UBot Studio, but if I copy those nodes and paste them into a brand new bot file, they work fine as they are.

My delimiter is set to comma, and the file is in fact comma delimited as I noted above.

Jonathan

Holy smokes! If I change my delimiter to something else, save it, then change it back to comma again, it works!

WEIRD!

Well that fixed it in my old bot... thanks for pointing me in the right direction, sounds like there's a bug somewhere in US but at least for now I have a solution!

Jonathan