UBot Underground

Not able to compile

I can't compile have tried to compile both the actual bot and a bot with just a NAV command in it pointing to Google - started from scratch.

Also downloaded and reinstalled ubot again to make sure that wasn't corrupt.

Both just hang during the process and never compile.

Also rebooted just to make sure of that too!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

AFTERNOTE: It finally compiled but it took...FOREVER. Something like 5 minutes. TO compile a very small bot. What's happened ?

I have now tried this on two machines and the compiler is taking forever,

one running .net3.5, IE8 and 2gig of RAM. with WIN Server 2003R2 - on this one I managed to get the ubot to compile after 5 minutes.

one running .net3.5 IE8 and 4 gig of RAM with win XP, on this - actually the more powerful of the two machines it too compiles but takes forever.

Has something happened to make the compiler really slow? Are others finding it is taking ages to compile their bots? This is a small bot of like 168K.

Thanks

I have now tried this on two machines and the compiler is taking forever,

one running .net3.5, IE8 and 2gig of RAM. with WIN Server 2003R2 - on this one I managed to get the ubot to compile after 5 minutes.

one running .net3.5 IE8 and 4 gig of RAM with win XP, on this - actually the more powerful of the two machines it too compiles but takes forever.

Has something happened to make the compiler really slow? Are others finding it is taking ages to compile their bots? This is a small bot of like 168K.

Thanks

The only element in UBot we've been altering is the Choose Chosen system.

The compiling system is running nicely on my end.

What does your bot do?

I can't compile have tried to compile both the actual bot and a bot with just a NAV command in it pointing to Google - started from scratch.

As it's a simple bot, why not upload the .ubot file for others to compile?

This may help to determine whether Ubot is at fault, the computer system or something else.

As it's a simple bot, why not upload the .ubot file for others to compile?

This may help to determine whether Ubot is at fault, the computer system or something else.

I will compile a few others to be able to test, as I know roughly how long the others have taken in the past.

Then, I'll send to Seth to look at.

update

its just compiled - so it took about 35 mins - this isnt how long it would normally take

also i havnt updated and am still using version 3.3283 so i dont understand why the system has been effected or changed - the reason i dont update is because i have terrible experience updating in the past - so i will wait till there is a stable release - however when i see a stable release 2 days later or a day later it tends to change to a beta

thanks

yup - looks like i spend more time compiling and opening up ubot as it keeps crashing then i can coding

I really hope these issues can be looked into

im on windows 7 64bit - and my system hasnt had any changes since ive been using ubot - so nothing changed from my side - I suspect the updates you have been sending out also affect the compiler regardless of us updating or not