UBot Underground

True, False Qualifiers

Is there something specific you want to do?

I think they could be useful but I need to know how they work, just a simple example would do.

In the script reference it just says true returns true, false returns false!!!!! Not very helpful to a NOOB like me.

Thanks

Simon

Thanks Bot Boddy, I would appreciate that alot.

IRobot I did follow your advice (thank you) and looked in the blog as you suggested but I am new to ubot and I am trying to learn it so i wanted to know about the true/false qualifiers as I cant find an explanaition of how they work. I, as you have suggested tried putting them into a bot but they dont seem to work as I imagined so I am now asking for help on the forum, again as you suggested. This is not a continuation of my previous post it is a new one hence the new post.

And no I was given no examples on the true/false qualifiers as you have suggested, if you read my post above I am specifically asking for answers to True/False qualifiers, you gave me an example of the not qualifier and the link to the blog you provided me gave me very little on qualifiers in general nevermind the True/False qualifiers.

If I am in error please point out where you answered my question on the True/False qualifier or where in the Blog True/False qualifiers are explained and I will apologise to you and eat my hat.

Best Regards

Simon

Thanks Bot Boddy, I would appreciate that alot.

IRobot I did follow your advice (thank you) and looked in the blog as you suggested but I am new to ubot and I am trying to learn it so i wanted to know about the true/false qualifiers as I cant find an explanaition of how they work. I, as you have suggested tried putting them into a bot but they dont seem to work as I imagined so I am now asking for help on the forum, again as you suggested. This is not a continuation of my previous post it is a new one hence the new post.

And no I was given no examples on the true/false qualifiers as you have suggested, if you read my post above I am specifically asking for answers to True/False qualifiers, you gave me an example of the not qualifier and the link to the blog you provided me gave me very little on qualifiers in general nevermind the True/False qualifiers.

If I am in error please point out where you answered my question on the True/False qualifier or where in the Blog True/False qualifiers are explained and I will apologise to you and eat my hat.

Best Regards

Simon

There will be a written tutorial up soon on the qualifiers

In the If Then Else command, the True qualifier will make the script always go to the Then command. The False qualifier will make the script go to the Else command each time.

In the While Loop, the True qualifier will make the loop run until you choose to stop it. The false qualifier will not make the loop run at all.

Duh!

We have been asking for a way to control groups of nodes sort of like commenting /deactivating a node so it will not execute.

This is perfect.

I generally use Loops for grouping nodes together that i want to run one time BUT I wanted a way to double click the node to reduce the screen real estate.

The IF node is a MUCH better alternative from a testers perspective.

Like Lilly says, add the True/False qualifier to the "qualifier place holder" so it will always run or never run.

This opens up possibilities for the Else side now.