UBot Underground

Dropdown Menu Problems

I am trying to create a bot that logs into Pligg sites and posts my bookmarks. The problem I am having is with the category drop down menu. There are 19 different categories to choose from and I have tried many of the recommendations from the forum but to no avail. What I would like to do is create a UI list box for the 19 categories and be able to select a category from the list box and automatically fill the category field. The current site that I am trying this on is http://cruxbookmarks.com. Thanks for the help.

I am trying to create a bot that logs into Pligg sites

The number of categories will very from site to site, so really you have the option of selecting a random category, or downloading all the categories and then looking for a match to your own category list or variable

I figured out how to make it choose random topics by using the "select random chosen child" but I don't like posting in irrelevant categories. If someone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by DJT

I don't like posting in irrelevant categories. If someone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Then you'll need to go through the sites and create a list of all categories, and select it if it's available for a specific site. If there are only 19 categories, then one way would be:

if category1 available
then select list item
else
if category2 available
then select list item
else
 if category3 available
 then select list item
 else

Then you'll need to go through the sites and create a list of all categories, and select it if it's available for a specific site. If there are only 19 categories, then one way would be:

if category1 available
then select list item
else
if category2 available
then select list item
else
 if category3 available
 then select list item
 else

Sorry for not posting sooner, I have just finished with midterms. When I create the if statements, how will I tell the bot which category to pick? Can I create a text box?

Okay everyone I finally figured out my dilemma. I added a text box and I can post to proper categories by entering the category number. For instance, technology is number 1. There are 19 given categories so I had to find out what number corresponds with which category. Now I just enter the right category number and it will choose the correct category. Thanks everyone for the assistance. I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the future.