UBot Underground

Are there any Visual Basic programmers in here?

Are there any Visual Basic programmers in here?

I have a VB app that needs a modification. Here is what it does.

It is a filter. It strips out all text except links from emails. I had my programmer code in the ability to strip out certain URLs if it started with a certain domain name. That is the piece that does not work. I wanted to drop URLs like AWeber's (as well as others) unsubscribe links so my bot would not execute it.

Here is how it was to work. I currently have a plugin in my OutLook that automatically saves certain incoming emails to a specified folder as a Text file. My goal was to use this filter process this folder on certain timers to strip out everything except the needed URL.

I gave up on the Idea at the time because I did not have a way to auto-execute each link from the file.

Now I have UBot!

I would like to create a simple bot load that single file of URLs and execute each one. In other words a really simple Auto Confirm system.

Buddy, wouldn't you be able to load the resulting text file in uBot and have it run from there? (Do the stripping and navigating from inside uBot).

VB what?

vb6, vb.net???

Is is compiled or do you have the source code?

Vb6 is my second language... English is my First... hee..heee.... actually I speak better vb6 than I do English.

I can do vb.net but am not an expert at it... its kinda heavy for me...

Let me know exactly what the language is?

@John

You are correct and that is the plan. HOWEVER, if I were reading these emails from a mail account using a web browser then yes that would work. But in this case I am using OutLook because the actual domain is on a OutLook server and web access has been shutdown due to security concerns. So that said. This is the only way to accomplish what has been a long time project by this particular vendor.

At best I will only make a few coins from it BUT this could make a cheap ebook and be an excellent source for a List Building project and potential AFF Sale with this OutLook plugin.

Not to mention having my own Automated Confirmation processor.

@TommyTx

@meter

Yes, it is Visual Basic and I believe it is version 6. I do have the source code.

Yes. But this filter can process the entire folder in a split second leaving me with a file to load into a bot to execute without any logic.

The problem with a bot doing the whole thing is that it becomes time intensive. UBot's file management is not functional in a manner that can call the files in an easy way. I cannot predict what the file names will be. But this filter has the VB coding in it that allows for that kind of file name addressing.

This is a case of a pure utility doing a very specific job and doing it quickly. The problem with it is that it leaves URLs in it that I do not want to be clicked on.

Hmmmmmm

Maybe...just maybe UBot can filter the filtered results. Did someone suggest that or did I just solve my long time delimna?

I will try this tonight.

Well... I love vb6.. and all vb... once i learn vb.net a little better I might love that too..

So if you want me to look at it, ship it to tommytx@earthlink.net and if I can do it in a couple of hours, it will be free... if its going to take a ton of time... its still free, but I will only play with it when i have a minute here and there. If you wanta chat you can reach me on jackrabbitsec on Skype... its free.. if you don't have it you should get it ... regular chat + voice and I can even call you on land line anywhere for free..

Be sure to include all the things you want the final fixed version to do.. and exactly what is currently broken.

I have recently purchased a windows server.. and its so neat... you can dump ubot, or autoit or visual basic, and turn on the Windows scheduler and that sucker runs just like it was on your desk top 24x7.. i love it..

Its my first experience with a windows server, and its just like your desktop.. only in the sky... no more keeping my desktop on 24x7... and not only that when I am out of town... i can check up on it by going to the server....

If anyone has something they want to turn loose on a windows server, let me know i have a ton of space and so far only one domain running.... boy what a waste of a full blown windows server...

• 1 month later...

I assume that you have worked this out if not you can send me a pm and i can fix it within a few minutes. (I have libraries that will let me load in the raw data strip out what you don't want and then then send the file on to your program.)

A work around is simply to load the list into excel (you can probably just paste it in depending on the format),

dopen notepad ->>> click on the test entry area ---> click tab ---> highlight the tab with your mouse ---> and hit ctr-x

click on your excel sheet ---> Hit ctrl-H in the top area put in the prefix that you have identified as the unsubscribe prefix ---> in the bottom hit ctr-v to paste a tab --->> replace all

you now have your list of emails and the ones you want to remove have a suffix that extends into the next column of the worksheet.

Highlight both columns completely --->> click on the SORT command under the data tab ----> sort on column b this will bring all the emails you need to ignore to the top

highlight the emails you want to keep --->> ctrl-c ---->> paste them wher you want them.