UBot Underground

how to click a button in Iframe

hey DaddyDanimal,

I might have to take a look at the website. If it needs an account, you can send me the website and a test account privately and I can take a look.

hey DaddyDanimal,

I might have to take a look at the website. If it needs an account, you can send me the website and a test account privately and I can take a look.

this is a general problem i been having with many sites

mafia wars on facebook is a good example

another site i had problems with was one i own its like linkbucks and ad.ly

1.i in put a url to any site it gives me a new url

2.i set nav in ubot to new url

3. bot loads url at the top shows ad the bottom is the original site shown in an i frame

i want to be able to do stuff like click a button in the iframe it self with out having to go to the iframes url

this is a easy task to do with imacros but i cant seem to do it with ubot

thanks

yeah ubot isn't great with iframes right now. I'll try to take a look for the next update

that would be awesome if you could get it added in the next update seth

i could finish like 20 bots i started but had to stop because of i frame issues

hey can you give me a specific url that demonstrates the issue?

sure hear are a couple of examples

http://www.mycashlinks.com/load.php?i=M

mycashlinks is a site im in a jv with so of course i don't want to bypass the ads by scraping and navigating to the webpage in the iframe below the ad

not sure if you will be able to see this one

it is a url to the mafia wars game on facebook after accepting a gift that has a iframe window with a button that need to be clicked in order to receive the gift when the button is clicked the window closes

http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/index.php?next_params=YTozOntpOjA7czo1OiJpbmRleCI7aToxO3M6MTc6ImFjY2VwdF9lbmVyZ3lfcmVxIjtpOjI7czoxOTI6IiZmcm9tX3VzZXI9cCU3QzEwOTk2NjUxMyZ0aW1lX2lkPTEyODI1MjM2MjMmaW5zdGFsbF9zb3VyY2U9cmVxdWVzdCZpbnN0YWxsX2xpbms9ZW5lcmd5X3BhY2smc2VuZGtleT1lN2MyMzNmODYxOWFkMzQ3MzY3Mzk0ZjYxOGVlYjRiNiQkY2NGKE5VVlU2MnF5Ui5XVUxOVzhUX2MhKlVEWEFTelRHbEoyZHM3Nno0aE40akhyTDU2aUdKbWdnQyI7fQ%3D%3D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Try using this technique used for a comment field. Try choosing the button the same way the field was chosen in this short example and let me know how that goes.

Here you go: http://www.ubotblog.com/ubot-studio-tip-how-to-conquer-a-stubborn-iframe/

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a similar issue.

Lilly, your example has me a little confused. There's no field being chosen in your example... the iframe body just gets overridden. So the problem of actually clicking input fields or typing in them is still there. Or am I totally missing the point?

what I ended up doing is using javascript to click the button inside the only iframe on the page

var iframe = document.getElementsByTagName("iframe")[0];
var inputs = iframe.contentWindow.document.getElementsByTagName("input");
for(var i=inputs.length-1; i>=0; i--) {
 if (inputs[i].name == "commit") {
   input_file = inputs[i];
   break;
 }
}
input_file.click();

being able to run javascript like that is a really powerful feature of UBot I think is not emphasized nearly enough

• Like 2

hey DaddyDanimal,

Your Wondefull-ness, I am having a problem similar to this however my problem is clicking a link that works well when I actually click it, but when I select by attribute and click chosen it does not work. Can you take a quick look at this and let me know if I am wasting my time (or if I'm a dummy)? I would greatly appreciate it Lilly :)

Go Here Lilly

Your Wondefull-ness, I am having a problem similar to this however my problem is clicking a link that works well when I actually click it, but when I select by attribute and click chosen it does not work. Can you take a quick look at this and let me know if I am wasting my time (or if I'm a dummy)? I would greatly appreciate it Lilly :)

Go Here Lilly

hey there. Sent you a reply via pm.