UBot Underground

Javascript alerts not working on compiled bot

Hi, I created a bot and included javascript alerts to alert a user if a particular user input field was not filled in. It works perfectly except when I compile the bot. The alerts do not work at all in the compiled bot.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Darryl.

Hi Darryl,

If the site the bot has navigated to does not support javascript or has javascript disabled, then javascript (e.g. alert()) will not run.

1. Are you saying that the javascript alert() works in Ubot Studio but not for the compiled bot?

2. Are you testing this on a specific website? If so, which?

Hey Guys,

I have the same problems with JS alerts, sometimes but not all, the script in Ubot studio works well with JV alerts but the compiled bot will not support the same.. I was gonna post this on the forum but just saw this post then..

Anyone know why is it so..

Praney

Hi IRobot,

I just realized after reading your reply that the bot does'nt actually navigate to a site and so that's why the alerts are not working in the compiled bot.

Thanks,

Darryl.

Hmm interesting.. I'll have to look into that to... great info Irobot..

Thanks!

In ubot you must have gone to a javascript enabled page before using javascript or $eval. When you run a bot in ubot itself it has always loaded the ubot blog page which is java enabled, a compiled bot loads nothing. I made a blank page on my own web space that calls some simple javascript to start the engine and I go to that first in everything I do so I don't run into the problem.

This is what is in the html I use;

<head>
 <title>Initializing Bot...</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" link="#0000FF" vlink="#800080" alink="#FF0000">
<script type="text/javascript">
document.write("Loading...");
</script>
</body>
</html>

Andy

In ubot you must have gone to a javascript enabled page before using javascript or $eval. When you run a bot in ubot itself it has always loaded the ubot blog page which is java enabled, a compiled bot loads nothing. I made a blank page on my own web space that calls some simple javascript to start the engine and I go to that first in everything I do so I don't run into the problem.

<head>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" link="#0000FF" vlink="#800080" alink="#FF0000">
</script>
</body>
</html>

Andy

Thanks for that Andy. Thats what I will have to do. Thanks for sharing the code.

Darryl.

<head>
</head>
</script>
</body>
</html>

Andy

Great Andy,

I check that, tomorrow..

Regards,

Praney :)