UBot Underground

Problem in saving to csv file

Hi,

I am trying to scrape number of competing pages from the google page and save it to a csv file.

now the problem is that when the number of results is 79,900 or 1,20,000 or something like this which contains comas, then 79 and the 900 are saved into 2 different columns and not in one column as it should be. and the 1,20,000 then is saved as 3 different columns with numbers 1 20 and 000 in the 3 columns.

Now, what am I supposed to do to correct this?

another problem is that I am using a loop for this bot, where the bot uses the number of keywords in the list as the number of cycles. but when I run this bot, I get an error message at the end of the list i.e. You have exceeded the range of the list. So, could anyone tell me why this is happening?

I have a confusion too. Since I am in India, when I visit google , it shows up as google India. What I want to know is that what happens when someone uses this bot in the USA? will they also be taken to google india or will they be taken to google's usa site?

Faraz

Hi

Here are your answers

Now, what am I supposed to do to correct this?

1) use replace command (this is in tutorials)

another problem is that I am using a loop for this bot, where the bot uses the number of keywords in the list as the number of cycles. but when I run this bot, I get an error message at the end of the list i.e. You have exceeded the range of the list. So, could anyone tell me why this is happening?

2)you would have to upload the script or screen shot for us to take a look

I have a confusion too. Since I am in India, when I visit google , it shows up as google India. What I want to know is that what happens when someone uses this bot in the USA? will they also be taken to google india or will they be taken to google's usa site?

3) Google usa ip dependent

Pftg4

Hello Faraz!

You mentioned:

"another problem is that I am using a loop for this bot, where the bot uses the number of keywords in the list as the number of cycles. but when I run this bot, I get an error message at the end of the list i.e. You have exceeded the range of the list. So, could anyone tell me why this is happening?"

That is happening because you have cycled through to the end of the list items and it is trying to prevent duplicates. Just go to variable commands, select Set List Position. Choose the list you are cycling through and set the list position to zero. That way when you cycle through all the list items, it will start over without error when you press play and try to cycle through the list items again.

Okay thanks for the answers. I will check out the REPLACE tutorial.

As for the set list position command, will it make the script stop when it has cycled through all the list items?

I want the script to stop when it has completed all the items in the list, instead of giving me an exceeded list range error. I dont want it to start over the list items again.

I hope I have explained this properly.

Faraz

It will stop when it reaches the end of the list. It won't loop or anything.

It just means it will not error when you need to run the bot with the list again. Give it a go.