UBot Underground

Newbie Question - My First Bot

Update:After reading please see post #9 for the latest of where I'm at on this.

Thanks for any input you might have.

I've watched Seth's videos and there's quite a bit of information in there.

It seems like there are multiple ways to do the same thing but here is something I have not found yet in the tutorials but maybe I missed it.

Basically I want to build an article submitter and to start I obviously want to be able to put all the signup pages into the bot. I'll Can fill in the info myself as far as choosing the username and password and putting in the other info and even clicking the button to submit for registration.

What I would like to set Ubot to do to start with is after I put in all of my info and click the button for registration at the directory, I'd like ubot to store the username and password (for actual submission) and go to the registration page of the next directory.

I feel pretty lost about how to set this up.

Seems like this will be the hardest part as the tutorials seem to have covered most of the stuff I want Ubot to do for submitting my articles.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as far as a tutorial on the web or just any info on achieving this I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks so much for any input you might have.

Hi Silverbot

Welcome to the forums,a couple of questions how are you making the user names and passwords ????(Ubot can do this automaticly for you) and you can use this infomation to regester new accounts and save them to a csv file for use when you want to submit articles would be the best way to go check out create account command this will store the info you need in the Account constants and you can use these as already explained above

hope this helps you some what and is not to confusing

Pftg4

Thank you for replying.

Good idea to have ubot do it for me.

Guess I'm stuck with the create account feature as it only seems to have one default field which is male or female.

Is there a way to add other fields to the "create account" feature?

I'm building this bot to give away to my list.

Unless there is a way to add other fields to the "create account" feature it appears that I will need to drag every single signup field from every single site.

Thanks for your input.

Hi Silverbot

Welcome to the forums,a couple of questions how are you making the user names and passwords ????(Ubot can do this automaticly for you) and you can use this infomation to regester new accounts and save them to a csv file for use when you want to submit articles would be the best way to go check out create account command this will store the info you need in the Account constants and you can use these as already explained above

hope this helps you some what and is not to confusing

Pftg4

Create account is all you need male or female it gives you everything you need all randon generated names look in acount constants you will see there is what you need ACCOUNT CONSTANTS

Pftg4

I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

I don't want random generated though.

I want the users to be able to put in the First and Last names, usernames and passwords address info and website info that they want (the same for each directory).

Create account is all you need male or female it gives you everything you need all randon generated names look in acount constants you will see there is what you need ACCOUNT CONSTANTS

Pftg4

I don't want random generated though.

I want the users to be able to put in the First and Last names, usernames and passwords address info and website info that they want (the same for each directory).

Ok, well two possible options are:

1) Create UI Elements with associated variables.

2) Use the Build Account option which lets you specify some of the fields required.

I do the same thing for my WHM accounts. But I use a 3rd alternative in that I create a csv in excel that holds my urls, usernames, passwords and all associated content. Then I read these into a table in UBot and loop through the data using the URLs to navigate and the rest of the data to fill in the fields. Then I save back a status that tells me where I am (incase the bot crashes), so that I can re-start the process again.

Here's an outline:

create table from file

if status is go then process

navigate

set up variables from table (or just fill in form direct from table)

if ok then set status to done and save table

loop through all rows

This gives me full control over all of the data and I can tie it into my other .Net systems

I hope this helps (rather than confuses!!)

Okay, I'm trying the option for using UI Elements with variables.

Here's a problem I'm running into though.

I set all the UI elements to fill in the fields for the first site but then none of those elements worked for the fields for the second site even though many of the fields are asking for the same information.

Surely I'm not going to have to setup a different script for each site?

That would take quite a while but more importantly it seems like that could prove very tedious for my users.

Not sure if you've ever used "automatic article submitter" but they have a feature for signing up for accounts on hundreds of different sites where at the beginning you just enter all your information and then it goes out and pulls up each site and automatically fills in each field.

Hopefully this is something I can achieve, although I'm only wanting to include about 30 directories in this bot.

Ok, well two possible options are:

1) Create UI Elements with associated variables.

2) Use the Build Account option which lets you specify some of the fields required.

I think it's possible - the issue will be that each site has different sign up requirements, and they'll all be calling their fields something different. So you will have to set up a different sub for each site that varies from the standard (a lot of article sites use the same script so the details are the same).

In your UI collect all the information that will be needed for every site. Then create a sub for each the different accounts. In your main script call these subs to crate the account. As you find and add more directories all you'll need to do is add a sub then add the run sub command to your main script.

Good luck!

Steve,

thank you for your insight. I think I get what you're saying.

So say there are 10 different types of sites out of all of them, then that means my users are going to have to fill out fields for 10 different subs?

Is it possible to have multiple subs in one bot?

I think it's possible - the issue will be that each site has different sign up requirements, and they'll all be calling their fields something different. So you will have to set up a different sub for each site that varies from the standard (a lot of article sites use the same script so the details are the same).

In your UI collect all the information that will be needed for every site. Then create a sub for each the different accounts. In your main script call these subs to crate the account. As you find and add more directories all you'll need to do is add a sub then add the run sub command to your main script.

Good luck!

Steve,

thank you for your insight. I think I get what you're saying.

So say there are 10 different types of sites out of all of them, then that means my users are going to have to fill out fields for 10 different subs?

Not quite. For a lot of the sites the fields overlap so you'll be able to use UserName, Password and quite a few others for each site. But many of the sites also have extra fields that the others do not - so your UI needs to make sure it gets all of the data needed for the 10 sites.

Is it possible to have multiple subs in one bot?

Yes. I always create a 2nd tab that holds the code for all of my subs. When I'm testing I create a 3rd tab called test that has just 1 run sub in it - the sub I want to test. When I'm happy that it's working I add the run sub command to my first (main) tab.

So in essence my first tab had the control code for my bot (checking that the fields are filled in etc) and then lots of run sub commands for each of my subs.

Then it's easy to add a new account creation script - just add a sub to your subs tab, test it in the test tab, then when it's good to go, add it you your main script.

Easy as pie :blink: