UBot Underground

Very Stange Problem with Viewer Window

Hey i am just building a scraping bot, and i ran into a large stumbling block. IN the ubot website viewer window a specific button does not work. I can do it just fine in my browser, but when i try to do it by hand in the ubot viewer window, nothing happens. . . and i don't mean this with selecting and clicking attributes with the bot, I mean I click it by hand and it doesn't work. Any ideas why. . .

You can check it yourself at the site whopaidme dot com Go down to the show me (input) results. . and attempt to enter a number and click the arrow button. The strange thing is that all other input boxes work. I can enter data and click and it goes. . but with that particular one. . i get nothing. This has me puzzled as to why it won't work in the ubot window at all.

It is some sort of javascript link.

<A onmouseover="showMeGetTitle(this, this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode)" title="Show me 15 results" onclick="showMeSize('/filter/newsite/','newsite')" href="javascript: void(0);" value="15">»</A>

I'm no javascript guru really. But send 'Jim' here on a forum if no one else can help you. He is a GOD with stuff like this.

wow, I played with this for about an hour and a half, and it just doesn't work. not even by running the javascript...bizarre

wow, I played with this for about an hour and a half, and it just doesn't work. not even by running the javascript...bizarre

Yeah no worries i'm a man of direct problem sovling and after i tried it for 30 min with no luck. .i switched what i did and scraped all data in a different way (copied all links, and coorelated the data properly to suit). I did it by hand . .blat. . but 3 hours spend to get it done beat 3 hours trying to figure out why the heck it wasn't clicking that button. . .

If someone does figure it out post it here cause maybe someone may come across a similar problem with a similar site in the future. . but as for me . . data was scraped so case solved.

I am having exactly the same issue with the "reddit" logout button, works fine in IE8 but not in UBot browser or vb.net webbrowser control either. (which are both a stripped down IE8 or whatever IE version is on your pc)

Try compiling the bot / running the code in a subwindow! :)