UBot Underground

replace text when scraping page

Hi

wondering if someone can be kind enough to help.

Im creating a yellow pages scraper - The issue that I am having is when scraping for the address - the addrss is comma seperated - This is making the details appear in the csv file as seperate peices of information -

What I want to do is add the address field in one cell or comma seperated - I cant get round this

any idea

thanks

As soon as you scrape it you can load it into a variable with the Set node and do an immediate $Replace searching for a "," or whatever and replace it with a Blank or another character. That is what I do right now.

Hi

wondering if someone can be kind enough to help.

Im creating a yellow pages scraper - The issue that I am having is when scraping for the address - the addrss is comma seperated - This is making the details appear in the csv file as seperate peices of information -

What I want to do is add the address field in one cell or comma seperated - I cant get round this

any idea

thanks

You need to put double quotes around each of the data elements e.g. "123 Main St, Any Town CA 90210"

Hi Buddy - Thanks alot for the reply - Im not entirely sure what you mean by sending it to a variable and then using the set command - I have attached a screenshot of the scrape - Just wondering if you could do a quick image example for me

thanks

abs

Sorry its not allowing me to attach the image so have uploaded it to my server

bigseotechniques.com/scrape-example.GIF

thanks

You need to put double quotes around each of the data elements e.g. "123 Main St, Any Town CA 90210"

Hi Brit - so for example after i have scraped the data I am adding it to a list called csv in the following way

{1},{2},{3},{4}

{1}is the name

{2} is the address

{3} is the zip

{4} is the tel

so would i add like this

{1},"{2}",{3},{4}

thanks