UBot Underground

Account got suspended due to a uBot script

My wordpress website have about 30,000 posts. I need to bring it down to maybe a thousand only due to obvious reasons. I have tried wordpress plugins but they all fail due to the amount of posts that have to be deleted. I created a UBot script that automatically deletes the posts 15 at a time. It's on a loop and it fails from time to time but I'm happy that it managed to bring down my posts to 20K something. Then I got an email from my host that they have suspended my account because it apparently chewed through over 4gb or ram and brought the entire server down. How did this happen? Is that even possible? I mean I am running UBot remotely and I am trying to understand how it could have eaten the server's resources.

Attached: my ubot screenshot

post-568-12685397231749_thumb.jpg

Man I would just dump the entire site and start over if you are mass deleting post.

But about your problem I doubt it is ubot but wordpress that is eating the ram with all the php queries and database queries.

• Like 1

My wordpress website have about 30,000 posts. I need to bring it down to maybe a thousand only due to obvious reasons. I have tried wordpress plugins but they all fail due to the amount of posts that have to be deleted. I created a UBot script that automatically deletes the posts 15 at a time. It's on a loop and it fails from time to time but I'm happy that it managed to bring down my posts to 20K something. Then I got an email from my host that they have suspended my account because it apparently chewed through over 4gb or ram and brought the entire server down. How did this happen? Is that even possible? I mean I am running UBot remotely and I am trying to understand how it could have eaten the server's resources.

Attached: my ubot screenshot

This isn't really a Ubot problem I reckon. Any automated script might have done the same thing. Here's a couple of things you can do that might help avoid it:

a) Turn off images in IE prior to running the script. Images are major suckers of bandwidth - and therefore server capacity. If you're generating just one page view for each deleted page (and each page is 50K) - well that's a lot of bandwidth.

B) Stick some delays in various parts of your script. This will be kinder to your server.

One thing you could consider is cloning your wordpress set up on your own computer - running the script there and then uploading it all back up to your server.

Lastly maybe it's worth thinking about this from the other way around - what are the thousand posts you want to save (and perhaps migrate them to a new wordpress installation)?

• Like 1

if this was an autoblog...u were probably pulling too many feeds at once...that has happened to me b4...my solution was to tell my host kiss ass and then i got myself a dedicated server...lol