UBot Underground

Searching for nofollow tag in particular portion of webpage only

Hi everyone,

I've only have ubot for about a week now, but have been experimenting with it and creating bots with all of the great info around here, in the ubottutorials and on vimeo.

Unfortunately, I hit a stumbling block.

I am trying to build a bot that will identify when a signature includes links with the nofollow tag. The plan is to save the current URL if the nofollow tag exists.

The issue is that the particular pages in question, have mulitiple instances of the nofollow tag. They nofollow things like the register button, the search button, etc., which I don't care about. Here is an example of one of the pages (with nofollow links in the signature).

It doesn't appear that I can use the normal ubot search function to find find nofollow tags as I can't limit it to the signature portion of the source code. If I could use wildcards it would be possible, but my understanding is that wildcards can't be used for searches.

I can also easily scrape the signature, but I can't seem to figure out how to then search that scraped signature for the nofollow tag.

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Attached is a bot that will search between the Signature tags and save it in a List.

Then it will use Next List Item and run it through some javascript.

It will return 1 if the word "nofollow" is found.

Worked with the sample page you gave.

thmgoodw.ubot

• Like 1

Attached is a bot that will search between the Signature tags and save it in a List.

Then it will use Next List Item and run it through some javascript.

It will return 1 if the word "nofollow" is found.

Worked with the sample page you gave.

You are a man among boys Aaron. Thank you so very much.

Tom Goodwin

• 9 months later...