UBot Underground

I have three questions. Mainly string handling related.

I have three questions.

1) I have two variables. Lets say V1 and V2. Both have string values in them.

V1 's value is : BumpTop 3D Desktop 2.0

V2 's value is : BumpTop 3D Desktop

I want to extract V2 from V1, and store the result into a new variable, lets say VR. ie,

VR= V1 - V2

My aim is, To get 2.0 as the result inside the variable VR.

How can I do that?

2)I have one variable. Let say V1. It has string value in it.

V1 's value is : Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 2000

I want to split this string by / and get the following values in a new variable or a new list (I prefer the one best suits for this job)

The end result I aim to get is;

Windows XP

Vista

Windows 7

Windows 2000

3) A popup windows asks me where to download the file. Is it possible to click no button of this popup window?

1. Use the "replace" command to chop out the part you dont need.

2. Use the "list from text" command.. (you might want to replace / with , before if you can't get it to work)

3. Not sure. But you might be able to use "Click Dialog button" and enter NO as the string (its case sensitive)

1. Use the "replace" command to chop out the part you dont need.

2. Use the "list from text" command.. (you might want to replace / with , before if you can't get it to work)

3. Not sure. But you might be able to use "Click Dialog button" and enter NO as the string (its case sensitive)

I know what to use. But I do not know how to use. I need a screenshot or a short video or step by step instructions.

I know what to use. But I do not know how to use. A need a screenshot or a short video or step by step instructions.

Have you looked at the stick [library] string at the top of the scripting board? I posted up something, screen shots, maybe a .ubot file with an example of how to use. If you're still stuck tomorrow let me know and I will try and put a quick bot together to do what you asking. Am about to go watch latest episode of lost so can't do it now.

Actually cannot do it tomorrow as got a 5 hour drive to parents house. Over the weekend will do if you still need it then.

Have you watched the tutorial videos?

If I remember correctly, they show every one of those things. Here's a link if you need it: http://ubotstudio.com/tutorials.aspx

Yes.Of cource I did. But that is another story. I think most of the videos are very lengthy and usefull and very convincing to buy. I decided to buy Ubot after watching "Building a Keyword Research Bot" video.

I think, we need very short (2 minutes atmost) videos showing how to do simple things like I asked here. Basic Video Series are very good, but we need lots of them.

1) Actually no need for JS.

Set your variable v1

Set your variable v2

Set v3 > TEXT REPLACE > replace v2 with $nothing

2) As said above can build a list from text.

3) One of the tutorials goes into JS popup clicking, I think it is one of the last ones "other features". Not sure as I never really went through them in detail (still on my list of things to do)

Can you post the URL which causes this JS (if that is ok with you) then can have a play around with it.

1) Actually no need for JS.

Set your variable v1

Set your variable v2

Set v3 > TEXT REPLACE > replace v2 with $nothing

2) As said above can build a list from text.

3) One of the tutorials goes into JS popup clicking, I think it is one of the last ones "other features". Not sure as I never really went through them in detail (still on my list of things to do)

Can you post the URL which causes this JS (if that is ok with you) then can have a play around with it.

For example, I have to go below page to scrape download link. But it pop ups a window.

www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Compression_and_Zip_File_Utilities/WinRAR_Download.html

Just try to open this page with ubot and you will see what I mean.

Infact this is the major problem with ubot videos. There are lots of usefull info. But it is impossible to find the info you need. I think we need a "Table of Contents" section for the videos.