UBot Underground

How to get bot to search in source

Create an IF statement

Then right click on the screen what you want it to find.

Then go back to the qualifer and pick search page. Within the selection given should be the text you want. All you do is select it.

If you dont find it then just type it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Create an IF statement

Then right click on the screen what you want it to find.

Then go back to the qualifer and pick search page. Within the selection given should be the text you want. All you do is select it.

If you dont find it then just type it in.

When I tried this with a Not around Evaluate, it didn't work. It seemed to evaluate True even though the text was in the page. Have you got it working with the Not?

• 4 weeks later...

When I tried this with a Not around Evaluate, it didn't work. It seemed to evaluate True even though the text was in the page. Have you got it working with the Not?

I'm having this problem too. I set up an if then, set the qualifier to search, select text in the prompt box, and it does not run the commands.

I may be off base here, but it may be that doing "If Search = something" is really saying "if UBot is able to search for something". Which of course will always be true, because it's always ABLE to search for it, whether it finds it or not. This is a common mistake I've run into with PHP anyway.

Personally I would try this:

IF

>evaluate

>>$page scrape

>>>start value

>>>end value

>>=

>>something

THEN

>Do Something

See if that gets you where you need to go!

Jonathan

Straight from the horse's mouth (UBot Commando Guide):

"Search Page: This is a qualifier that will return true if the specified text is present on the page."

So, using the search as a method to evaluate and return a true value works fine.

Tom

I may be off base here, but it may be that doing "If Search = something" is really saying "if UBot is able to search for something". Which of course will always be true, because it's always ABLE to search for it, whether it finds it or not. This is a common mistake I've run into with PHP anyway.

Personally I would try this:

IF

>evaluate

>>$page scrape

>>>start value

>>>end value

>>=

>>something

THEN

>Do Something

See if that gets you where you need to go!

Jonathan

Sounds to me like more cases where that "Else" statement would come in handy, but really I have no clue what anyone's trying to accomplish here. Way too vague on descriptions to even try and offer a suggestion that would be helpful.

I was having the same problem.

I figured I'd share a work-around I came up with to get around the lack of an "ELSE" clause.

Create a variable (let's call it variableA)

Set #variableA -> False

IF-> (Search Page (String))

Then-> Set #variableA - > True

If (evaluate (#variableA = 'True')

Then - > Run Commands

I literally couldn't figure out another way. (Not(Search Page(String))) always seems to return true No Matter What...

So I don't know what's going on there.