UBot Underground

Facebook Lite problems?

Hey guys,

I've spent a few weeks creating a sophisticated Facebook friend adder for Facebook Lite (http://lite.facebook.com). I was just done yesterday when the site started acting strangely; timing out and curiously enough now it's not possible to add friends any longer since the add friend button is gone (although for some reason it still exists on people I actually am friends with).

Also the "view mutual friends" function is gone, which was really good with having UBot check for mutual friends and then ignore the friend request.

As you can guess I'm pretty frustrated about this after all hard work, so I was just wondering if you guys are having the same problems? Is Facebook Lite known to have this kind of problems from time to time? What's the chance if so of them getting fixed?

/F

I can see the View Mutual friend button, but the add friend button is definitely not showing for me. Kinda weird.

You could try m.facebook.com and see if that works better.

Btw, did you try changing your IP and put in random delays and stuff in your bot?

I can see the View Mutual friend button, but the add friend button is definitely not showing for me. Kinda weird.

You could try m.facebook.com and see if that works better.

Btw, did you try changing your IP and put in random delays and stuff in your bot?

Yep, considering the problems I'm having with Facebook Lite the plan now is to create a bot for m.facebook instead, but unfortunately you can't see mutual friends there. Maybe a kind of hybrid, going between both sites will work.

I've put in random delays but not changing IPs yet, what would be the easiest way of doing this? Are there any VPN services which can be scripted to give me new IPs on request?

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys, just silly precaution, Google, Bing, Yahoo bots are on this forum daily, if you are trying to make a bot for "Facebook" I strongly suggest you to delete this thread after problem is solved, this can help keep bots life span longer.