UBot Underground

Error Scraping Amazon Website (Gzip Is Not A Supported Encoding Name)

Hello,

I want to get data from the Amazon website.

I use the socket command and I get the error message below. Any solution? thanks.

gzip is not a supported encoding name. for information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the encoding registerprovider method parameter name: name

plugin command("SocketCommands.dll", "socket container") {
    plugin command("SocketCommands.dll", "socket set header", "User-Agent", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36")
    plugin command("SocketCommands.dll", "socket set header", "Accept-Encoding", "gzip, deflate, br")
    plugin command("SocketCommands.dll", "socket navigate", "GET", "https://www.amazon.com/s?k=horror&i=stripbooks-intl-ship&ref=nb_sb_noss_2")
    load html($plugin function("SocketCommands.dll", "$socket page html"))
}

xNzPmSa.png

Edited by daemon

try remove "gzip" from "Accept-Encoding"

Hi pash, thanks for your reply.. I have tried to remove "gzip" from "Accept-Encoding", but I got same result.. maybe you can try the code

Hi pash, thanks for your reply.. I have tried to remove "gzip" from "Accept-Encoding", but I got same result.. maybe you can try the code

Looking at this from a different angle, have you attempted to install/enable "gzip" on your system? Assuming for a moment that you're using the relatively latest version of Windows 10, this video that I quickly stumbled upon that might prove to be helpful:

Of special note are some of the comments where questions are asked and answered.

Anyway, in summary, I guess I'm wondering if you've attempted to enable "gzip" (assuming it's actually possible to do that) as a means to overcome the error message you're receiving? If not, it could be worth exploring.

Also, it would seemingly appear as though the .NET framework upon which UBot Studio relies can handle "gzip" -- but I may be misinterpreting the information contained in the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.io.compression.gzipstream?view=netcore-3.1