UBot Underground

What am I doing wrong here?

I've had very little luck the last couple days getting ubot to do simple operations on Yahoo and Bing pages.

See the attached bing bot argh.ubot

I'm trying to disable the sponsored listings.

For whatever reason, it's not working.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  I'm at my wits end.

Nevele, that's fine and thanks.  I didn't even think about the wait finish.  With the lack of error reporting "element not found" it's a pain in the ass to know when the page is fully loaded according to ubot or not.

As far as the ad bot, you're using positions, which is well and good, but it won't work for different kws if the number of ads change, will it?

urgh needs a wait finish after clicking on explore URL, this for argh:

http://ubotwiki.com/images/6/63/Removebingads.JPG

Thanks 070707, I could have done that.  The thing is, I shouldn't have to do that.

huh? maybe i need sleep, but I don't understand you.

Thanks.  I see what you did, and I could have done that.  But I shouldn't have to work from another URL. Clicking the link should have worked.

Nevele had the right solution.  It's unfiortunate that UBot doesn't inform us when code is missing (and which code).  It makes debugging a guessing game.

lol,

thanks for the dummy reply. 5th day of working out and I just can't seem to stay up all odd hours of the night anymore

You're getting old.  ;)

As for my yahoo bot... I really just like simple, clean code.

I hope you don't think this is ignorant, but what I showed you, was not what I am doing.  I showed you the same problem on another part of the page.  :)

What's got me, is why I can't select the ad block by DIV ID at the top, and simply replace it with nothing, the way we can on the side.

It is a pain in the ass, but I am only scraping the top 10 results for this particular project.  So I don't mind spending a couple extra nodes on nullifying Bings other anchor links.

lol,

thanks for the dummy reply. 5th day of working out and I just can't seem to stay up all odd hours of the night anymore

You're getting old.   ;)

As for my yahoo bot... I really just like simple, clean code.

I hope you don't think this is ignorant, but what I showed you, was not what I am doing.  I showed you the same problem on another part of the page.   :)

haha, nope, completely understandable. Was just actually reading your LFE thread... Might have to burn some tax money up before the new year. Still working the support?

haha, nope, completely understandable. Was just actually reading your LFE thread... Might have to burn some tax money up before the new year. Still working the support?

Yeah, I am still working the support.  It's probably why I shouldn't be working on bots at the backend of my day, my brain is fried from answering questions, and I'm not on my A game creatively.

Drop me a line at WF by PM if you have any questions.

And thanks for the help guys.  I'm just going to drop Bing support for this bot.  Unless I have a breakthrough, its just not worth the hassle.