UBot Underground

Finding A List Of Files Using Wildcards In The File Name

Ehum... This is kinda embarrassing... :)

I need to find lists of files that matches wildcards. In my case I always know the prefix of the file and the extension, but the rest might differ. For instance:

tesla--medium--01.jpg

tesla--medium--02.jpg

tesla--medium--07.jpg

tesla--medium--09.jpg

tesla--medium--00.jpg

tesla--medium--22.jpg

ford--medium--00.jpg

ford--big--05.jpg

ford--thumb--06.jpg

ford--big--09.jpg

ford--medium--10.jpg

ford--big--13.jpg

so in one case I would want to find all tesla--medium*.jpg files

in the other case I would want to find ford--big--*.jpg

Previously I have solved this with regular expressions which has worked ok although a massive overkill IMO, but now when I have 48000 files I get an out of memory exception. No wonder. :)

Can I do this in another way where I just name the filename with a wildcard and get the wanted files back as a list? Any plugin available?

Thanks!

Do you get the memory exception when you get the files or when you apply the regex? Without a plugin regex probably is the best way to go. If you have Elite Ubot plugin let me know and maybe I can add something in for this.

I don't have the Elite Ubot plugin.

I guess I will have to get a Windows IDE and dust off my old programming skills to create a plugin that does this for me. I will release it here if I ever get there. :) More ppl should have use for this.

(I did create a plugin a few years ago, just junk, but just to test it)

Do you get the memory exception when you get the files or when you apply the regex? Without a plugin regex probably is the best way to go. If you have Elite Ubot plugin let me know and maybe I can add something in for this.

Seems like a good plugin. No idea if it searches for files, but are you saying that you could add it with wildcard search too? I mean, a function that returns a list of files that matches a certain wildcard and/or Ubot variables.

Is that the idea?

I was asking because doing this is really simple and I knew I could just throw it in there if you had that plugin.

But if you want to make your own here is some code that shows you how to do it:

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            string directory = ""; // path to the folder you want to search in
            string searchPattern = "tesla--*--*.jpg";

string[] files = Directory.GetFiles(directory, searchPattern, SearchOption.AllDirectories);

foreach (var file in files)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(file);
            }

Console.ReadLine();
        }

Yep, the windows call is simple. Now I "just" need to get the UBotPlugin interfaces right. I have purchased your plugin instead and saved myself some work.

I hope that it still works with UBS 5.

(I can't use UBS 6 due to this:
http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/22502-is-60-good-now/?do=findComment&comment=137919

)

Pls let me know when it's done.

Yep, the windows call is simple. Now I "just" need to get the UBotPlugin interfaces right. I have purchased your plugin instead and saved myself some work.

I hope that it still works with UBS 5.

(I can't use UBS 6 due to this:

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/22502-is-60-good-now/?do=findComment&comment=137919

)

Pls let me know when it's done.

It's finished, you can download the update by logging in here: https://elitebotters.com/my-account/