UBot Underground

How To Compare Sentence..

I want to use if command to compare whether scraped sentence is same to proposed sentence..

If two is same. I want to do something..

What command can I use?

I have all of apichai plugin and the others..

There are a lot of ways to do this so I will write out a few that come to mind. The first of course is to literally just use a comparison function on its own like so:

set(#sentence,"Don\'t start from scratch ! Here are several useful pre-made automation solutions for you.","Global")
set(#scrapedSentence,"Don\'t start from scratch ! Here are several useful pre-made automation solutions for you.","Global")
if($comparison(#scrapedSentence,"= Equals",#sentence)) {
    then {
        alert("The same")
    }
    else {
        alert("Different")
    }
}

Another way to do this to the same effect - and the way you would compare say two images or two files is to create an MD5 hash of it and then compare the hashes - this code uses a function from the bot bank but there are free plugins I think which also do the same thing:

set(#sentence,"Don\'t start from scratch ! Here are several useful pre-made automation solutions for you.","Global")
set(#sentenceMD5,$encrypt(#sentence,"md5"),"Global")
set(#scrapedSentence,"Don\'t start from scratch ! Here are several useful pre-made automation solutions for you.","Global")
set(#scrapedSentenceMD5,$encrypt(#scrapedSentence,"md5"),"Global")
if($comparison(#sentenceMD5,"= Equals",#scrapedSentenceMD5)) {
    then {
        alert("The same")
    }
    else {
        alert("Different")
    }
}

You can of course use MD5 as well with this next part if you want..

And this is how I would do it unless you care about capitalization. I would trim the ends for white space and then convert all characters to lowercase and then compare it like so:

set(#scrapedSentence,$trim("Don\'t start from scratch ! Here are several useful pre-made automation solutions for you."),"Global")
if($comparison($change text casing(#sentence,"Lower Case"),"= Equals",$change text casing(#scrapedSentence,"Lower Case"))) {
    then {
        alert("The same")
    }
    else {
        alert("Different")
    }
}
  • Like 1

If you don't care about spaces you can also replace spaces with nothing and compare the text after changing it to low case as stated by HelloInsomnia - this way you will compare two sentences in format of "Hello,howareyou?Whatisyourname?" and it will be same even if you scrape some additional spaces in the middle.

• Like 1

Here's iamddr's suggestion in Ubot form, this will spit out a percentage of the likeness of the sentences, which I varied slightly so it would be 100 (percent)

set(#sentence,"Don\'t start from scratch ! Here are several useful pre-made automation solutions for you!","Global")
set(#scrapedSentence,$trim("Don\'t start from scratch ! Here are several useful pre-made automation solutions for you."),"Global")
set(#sentenceLikeness,$run python with result("import difflib
seq = difflib.SequenceMatcher(None, \"{#sentence}\", \"{#scrapedSentence}\")
ratio = seq.ratio()
ratio * 100"),"Global")
  • Like 1