UBot Underground

Scheduling A Command Line Program

I'm trying to describe to a freelance developer what I want.  I'd like a command line program that I can schedule on Windows Task Scheduler. 

Is that something he can create?  Right now he has created a Windows form application and it works, but I can't schedule it and pass it command line parameters.  

I'm not sure if that was done in Visual Studio or UBOT. 

Can he create a command line program with UBOT? 

Thanks,

Neal 

You can create a program which accepts command line arguments and then schedule it via Windows Task Scheduler. You can also hide the program while running, so in a way its really similar to a command line program from something like Visual Studio but with Ubot features.

Thanks for the links.  So normally , does UBOT create the user interface, or is it a standard .NET Windows form? 

Neal 

You are always putting the interface into Ubot, basically here are the GUI options:

Ubot has UI commands that basically just stack vertically then horizontally to create a basic GUI. There is a GUI designer as well but I don't know which edition has that one it may only be developer. When you use developer edition you can also create a custom HTML GUI. Finally, there is an XAML plugin in the store which allows you to create a XAML GUI in Visual Studio and then use that in Ubot - just note that it is limited in the controls you can use.

To answer your specific question - 

UBot Studio can be used to create executables that function via command line only. This is not the norm, but it's entirely possible.

For the built-in method, you would set your script up to function after hitting run. Then you would start the compiled version with the correct command line commands to make it run automatically:

http://network.ubotstudio.com/blog/3-11008-new-command-line-parameters-run-node/

For additional options, you can see here: 

http://ubotdev.com/free-plugin-command-line-arguments

UBot Studio's compiled bot interface can be highly modified, so it's difficult to know if it was built in UBot Studio just by looking....

Ok, thanks again.  I'm trying to convince a person that provide the program to me to pay her developer to add this option. 

Looks like an interesting tool.  I've done something similar in the past with PowerShell and WATIN and/or WASP. 

Neal