UBot Underground

Recommended System Requirements

This thread isn't to complain, I'm just outlining what I have experienced so far so that I might be able to figure out what I can do to fix the problems I'm having.

According to the FAQ page here is what you need to run UBot Studio:

To run UBot Studio, you need Windows (Windows Vista, 7 or 8), at least 2 GB of Ram, 5 GB of disk space, and the .NET Framework 4.0 and .NET 4.5 for UBot 5.5.

If you use a Mac or Linux system, you can use UBot Studio on them by installing a Windows Virtual Machine on those systems. And yes, your copy of UBot Studio or its compiled bots can run on a Windows Server or VPS. We have a great blog post about your options!

However, I do not see anything about CPU power.  I have a 2.90Ghz i7 MacBook running windows and my it struggles to run UBot Studio after about an hour or two of development / running a bot.  This is on a dual-boot installation of windows, so there is no vm.

When I run the same bots on my main computer which is a 3.4Ghz i7 and a GTX 970 for graphics, it makes a huge difference.  I don't know what is causing UBot Studio to be so buggy and whatnot on my MacBook, but it's getting to the point where I can't really do much in UBot on my MacBook(my dev machine) because doing something as simple as `set user agent` locks up my bot and causes UBot Studio to crash sometimes(like 25% of the time which is way too high).

What system specs do you guys have/recommend, and do you find yourself having to restart UBot Studio a lot?

I need to make sure I buy a computer that will be capable of running this stuff without as many issues or my boss will not be happy with me.

Edited by JohnnyFive

This thread isn't to complain, I'm just outlining what I have experienced so far so that I might be able to figure out what I can do to fix the problems I'm having.

According to the FAQ page here is what you need to run UBot Studio:

However, I do not see anything about CPU power.  I have a 2.90Ghz i7 MacBook running windows and my it struggles to run UBot Studio after about an hour or two of development / running a bot.  This is on a dual-boot installation of windows, so there is no vm.

When I run the same bots on my main computer which is a 3.4Ghz i7 and a GTX 970 for graphics, it makes a huge difference.  I don't know what is causing UBot Studio to be so buggy and whatnot on my MacBook, but it's getting to the point where I can't really do much in UBot on my MacBook(my dev machine) because doing something as simple as `set user agent` locks up my bot and causes UBot Studio to crash sometimes(like 25% of the time which is way too high).

What system specs do you guys have/recommend, and do you find yourself having to restart UBot Studio a lot?

I need to make sure I buy a computer that will be capable of running this stuff without as many issues or my boss will not be happy with me.

Hi JohnnyFive,

Are you working within 1 or multiple tabs in Ubot ?

does it react like this even with a small amount of code/nodes or just when it starts to get large ?

Ive got a power house of a PC which NEVER laggs, .. and I get the laggy thing once a project reaches a certain size in Ubot, 

the only way it is bearable is if i split the code into tabs or remove a ton code to external files, ...

but if its happening to you even with a small amount of code then perhaps there is an outlying issue, 

How much RAM do you have ?

Cheers

CJ

• Like 1

Hi JohnnyFive,

Are you working within 1 or multiple tabs in Ubot ?

does it react like this even with a small amount of code/nodes or just when it starts to get large ?

Ive got a power house of a PC which NEVER laggs, .. and I get the laggy thing once a project reaches a certain size in Ubot, 

the only way it is bearable is if i split the code into tabs or remove a ton code to external files, ...

but if its happening to you even with a small amount of code then perhaps there is an outlying issue, 

How much RAM do you have ?

Cheers

CJ

I have 8GB of RAM.  The script I'm dealing with is around 280 lines long in 1 tab.  I have noticed some tabs in other bots get clunky when there is lots of code in there, but this seems like it's having issues running the compiled bots as well.  Does the code amount in a tab effect compiled bots as well?  This 280 line script is causing crashes when I'm running a command to set a random user agent.  It's not complex stuff:

define Set Random User Agent {
    clear list(%User Agents)
    add list to list(%User Agents,$list from file("{$special folder("Application")}\\dat\\user_agents.txt"),"Delete","Local")
    set(#agent,$random list item(%User Agents),"Global")
    set user agent(#agent)
}

I'll experiment with splitting the code into new tabs to see if that helps. 

I appreciate your help!

Hi, 

8Gb sounds plenty to be honest, 

and 280 lines of code is not a lot of code for it to be crashing and reacting the way you mention, .. 

Just to put this into perspective, the "smallest" define in the project im working on at the moment has 396 lines and thats just 1 define among about 8 in each of 9 tabs, 

god knows how many lines in "Total" and Im not lagging yet, .. 

Hmm, .. 

I see in the example you provided you are changing User agent, how often is it doing this ?

also are you executing this in a single or multi-thread environment ? 

Which browser version do you have selected in the "Tools/Options" menu ?

settings to 39 can be buggy and those that have problems just switch to 21 which solves a lot of problems, 

one thing i have noticed is crashing when changing user agent more so using Chrome 39,

but in fairness since the latest version I havent had any issues (using 21), 

Regarding splitting into tabs, 

providing you place your code into Defines you can run all from 1 tab with no issues, 

its also good practice to do this so you can categorize or sort into sections like "Main Controls" etc ... this also make editing/modifying later on mush easier :)

CJ

• Like 1

I see in the example you provided you are changing User agent, how often is it doing this ?

I haven't even gotten to the point where it does it more than once because it locks up on the first go.  It's also single-threaded.  I'm using browser 21.  I have tried it in a `shared browser`, a `new browser`, and just regularly in a define or outside a define.

I also reduced my code by splitting into tabs.  23 lines of code and it still locks up when using `set user agent` within `in shared browser` or `in new browser` or inside/outside define.

Man, this one is a weird one.

Edited by JohnnyFive

Hi, 

8Gb sounds plenty to be honest, 

and 280 lines of code is not a lot of code for it to be crashing and reacting the way you mention, .. 

Just to put this into perspective, the "smallest" define in the project im working on at the moment has 396 lines and thats just 1 define among about 8 in each of 9 tabs, 

god knows how many lines in "Total" and Im not lagging yet, .. 

Hmm, .. 

settings to 39 can be buggy and those that have problems just switch to 21 which solves a lot of problems, 

one thing i have noticed is crashing when changing user agent more so using Chrome 39,

but in fairness since the latest version I havent had any issues (using 21), 

Regarding splitting into tabs, 

providing you place your code into Defines you can run all from 1 tab with no issues, 

its also good practice to do this so you can categorize or sort into sections like "Main Controls" etc ... this also make editing/modifying later on mush easier :)

CJ

I replied to your previous comment but edited with additional info.

• Like 1

I haven't even gotten to the point where it does it more than once because it locks up on the first go.  It's also single-threaded.  I'm using browser 21.  I have tried it in a `shared browser`, a `new browser`, and just regularly in a define or outside a define.

I also reduced my code by splitting into tabs.  23 lines of code and it still locks up when using `set user agent` within `in shared browser` or `in new browser` or inside/outside define.

Man, this one is a weird one.

Ah, well if this is happening even set to Chrome 21 then there must be something wrong, .. 

Can you show an example of the User Agents you are using that are causing the crashing/stalling ?

are there any that are consistently ? ... or is it random ?

CJ

• Like 1

Ah, well if this is happening even set to Chrome 21 then there must be something wrong, .. 

Can you show an example of the User Agents you are using that are causing the crashing/stalling ?

are there any that are consistently ? ... or is it random ?

CJ

It is a consistent lock-up/crash with any user agent I set.

Here is the list I'm working with.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-gb) AppleWebKit/525.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko, Safari/525.1+) epiphany-webkit
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/12.0.742.112 Safari/534.30
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_4) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/12.0.742.112 Safari/534.30
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_2) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.80 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.71 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.80 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0

I'm wondering if it's a graphics related thing or possibly driver related issues as I'm running Windows as a dual-boot with Bootcamp on a MacBook.  The only problem is that these issues seem to crop up with UBot Studio randomly.  It hasn't always behaved like this.  It's like my version has random, explainable issues that sometimes just disappear after a couple days. :(

I am just having one helluva time trying to figure out if it's a UBot problem or a hardware / OS problem, because I feel like if this was the normal experience everyone had, nobody would be using UBot and there would be more posts about it.  Not trying to knock it or anything like that, I'm just saying... It can be really frustrating trying to get stuff done when your tools are fighting you, lol.

I was testing this earlier today without issues, then it just randomly started being a pest.  Same code, nothing has changed.  Problems persist between program restarts and computer reboots which is really odd.

It is a consistent lock-up/crash with any user agent I set.

Here is the list I'm working with.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-gb) AppleWebKit/525.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko, Safari/525.1+) epiphany-webkit
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/12.0.742.112 Safari/534.30
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_4) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/12.0.742.112 Safari/534.30
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_2) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.80 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.71 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.80 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0

I'm wondering if it's a graphics related thing or possibly driver related issues as I'm running Windows as a dual-boot with Bootcamp on a MacBook.  The only problem is that these issues seem to crop up with UBot Studio randomly.  It hasn't always behaved like this.  It's like my version has random, explainable issues that sometimes just disappear after a couple days. :(

I am just having one helluva time trying to figure out if it's a UBot problem or a hardware / OS problem, because I feel like if this was the normal experience everyone had, nobody would be using UBot and there would be more posts about it.  Not trying to knock it or anything like that, I'm just saying... It can be really frustrating trying to get stuff done when your tools are fighting you, lol.

I was testing this earlier today without issues, then it just randomly started being a pest.  Same code, nothing has changed.  Problems persist between program restarts and computer reboots which is really odd.

No problems with the User agents at my end, so that just leaves 1 answer, .. 

with all other variables out of the equation it must be because on a MAC, most of the things that cause "known" problems you are not doing so it "should" be running fine, 

as for graphics related, .. honestly no clue, I have had instances in the past with low end gfx card causing problems but it effected the PC as a whole rather than individual software.

Would be a good idea to shoot a new ticket to the "UBot bug Tracker" ;)

Sorry i cant give you the pearl of wisdom you were hoping for, 

If i think of anything else ill come back to this thread, but im not a MAC guy so not really able to offer anything from that angle :P

Cheers

CJ

• Like 1

Sorry i cant give you the pearl of wisdom you were hoping for, 

If i think of anything else ill come back to this thread, but im not a MAC guy so not really able to offer anything from that angle :P

Hey, no worries!  I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to look at this.  Thanks again!

• Like 1