UBot Underground

Windows Scheduler Killing Compiled Bots Because It Thinks They Are "non-Responsive"

I am having this new problem out of nowhere. Nothing changed from my side.

Here is the background:

I am using windows task scheduler on Windows 2012 Server edition to capture screenshots of various sites. The bots were running just fine until yesterday.

Now, the task scheduler kills the bots before they can even start. If you have ever looked at the task manager when you start the bot, the bot goes into "non responsive" stage for a few seconds before it shows the home page. I believe that is causing the problem. For some reason, task scheduler thinks that the bot is not responding so it kills the task without giving it more time.

Here is what I have tried:

1. The bot runs fine when I launch it manually (with and without /auto flag)
  2. I have deleted my old task scheduler entries, created fresh entries with most of the boxes checked off (such as stop the task if it runs longer than xx hours etc.)
  3. I have tried to run task scheduler with and without the option (Run only when user is logged on)
  4. I have recompiled the bot several times now
  5. Rebooted the windows server

Don't know what else to do.

Anyone encountering such problem? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I am having this new problem out of nowhere. Nothing changed from my side.

Here is the background:

I am using windows task scheduler on Windows 2012 Server edition to capture screenshots of various sites. The bots were running just fine until yesterday.

Now, the task scheduler kills the bots before they can even start. If you have ever looked at the task manager when you start the bot, the bot goes into "non responsive" stage for a few seconds before it shows the home page. I believe that is causing the problem. For some reason, task scheduler thinks that the bot is not responding so it kills the task without giving it more time.

Here is what I have tried:

1. The bot runs fine when I launch it manually (with and without /auto flag)
  2. I have deleted my old task scheduler entries, created fresh entries with most of the boxes checked off (such as stop the task if it runs longer than xx hours etc.)
  3. I have tried to run task scheduler with and without the option (Run only when user is logged on)
  4. I have recompiled the bot several times now
  5. Rebooted the windows server

Don't know what else to do.

Anyone encountering such problem? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi webtrend

I thought i would chirp in here, ..

and please bear in mind my issue was NOT to do with the task scheduler, but some of my bots that i know work started to "play up"

I had a torrent of support tickets from a ton of my customers after a recent Window update, 

I still havent been able to isolate what it was that actually caused it, but I asked my customers to restore their systems to the last saved restore point (making sure to document any installed software after the point chosen)

this resolved the problem for 99% even after Windows re-updated, 

I obviously cant guarantee thats what is happening to you but thought i would mention it just in case :)

so just have a quick check when your last Windows update was, If you havent had a recent one then obviously it aint that lol

Cheers

CJ