UBot Underground

What's The Best Way To White Label A Ubot Product?

Hey Folks,

I’m looking to create a white label product of my bot as an upsell, how do you guy’s suggest I do this. BTW I have a developer licence,  I’m using the Newgen Ui Builder for the UI and meter’s UbotLocker for protecting the software. I have been looking at this for a few days now but can’t seem to come up with a good way to do this and could really use some input here. Thanks Arthur

Hey Author,

What is your vision of "white label"?

Some people view this as brandable for the end user, others view it as simply unbranded.

Making it unbranded is of course the easiest way to handle this, but brandable by the end user is doable to an extent.

For example, you can create a text file that contains the name of the software and then have the software read that file into a variable, and use that variable in the GUI... Which will cause it to be displayed when the software is opened up.

To do that you would need to set the path where the text file will be, and then tell the user where to create/modify that file. - Once he does that, when he sends out his copy he will also have to be sure that text file is included and the end result will be that it appears to be branded software by the user.

Hey Brutal,

Thanks’ for getting back to me, I'm attempting to allow the user to brand the software and have been playing around with allowing a client’s background image to be loaded into the Newgen Ui Builder.

Currently I’m testing loading the image from a web host and loading into the UI just after the on load has completed, works but you can see the image load from the web host so this may not be the answer.

I’m thinking that the image needs to be stored locally maybe in an sqlite database which should load a lot faster, of course I will then have to supply a piece of branding software to allow the user to save the image into the file before shipping.

The other option I have been thinking about is to have an about button on the UI and this could then simply pull the info from a file or allow the user to host a web page of his own design and place this into the browser window.

Any idea’s on this would be of great help.

You could have a settings file or some kind of file that reads the text into certain parts of the program like the title (h1 tag I mean) and about. The actual program title (like in the menu bar) will be harder to do but I think TJ has a plugin that may do it. That way they can edit the file and put their own values. You can also make a little bot that has the input fields to edit and it creates a file that is encrypted so that it's not just plain text for everyone to see and reedit. Then your program can decrypt and load the text into the proper locations.

This plugin may change the title, you will have to watch the video I guess and see: http://www.botguru.net/software-windows-botguru-ui-plugin-2/

• Like 1

Hi HelloInsomnia,

Thanks for your input, Man I must have been having a blond day again. happens a lot lately or so it seems:-).

I have the plugin you suggested already and as if that wasn’t bad enough I’m already using one of the functions for hiding the menu bar.

Now I see after looking again at the sales page that I can also change the software title for a white label product and as you say set this up in an encrypted file.

Thanks very much for giving me a kick in the right direction...

Aj

• Like 1