UBot Underground

Mysql Connection Problems

i have a idea for a couple of bots,

i need to to host a 20 meg data base ( the database gets updated several times a year and i don't have rights to resell or distribute) so i have to host it.

my question is how do you guys handle this problem?

my current host demands that i white list the users ip address.. ( you cant whitelist the world)

would buying a dedicated proxy solve this problem?

thanx for reading

stanf

i have a idea for a couple of bots,

i need to to host a 20 meg data base ( the database gets updated several times a year and i don't have rights to resell or distribute) so i have to host it.

my question is how do you guys handle this problem?

my current host demands that i white list the users ip address.. ( you cant whitelist the world)

would buying a dedicated proxy solve this problem?

thanx for reading

stanf

Hello.

Couple of ideas.

1. You might be able to add a client IP to the whitelist database via a HTTP request. And maybe remove it when they are done. 

2. You should definitely secure the access to your SQL server. First it should use a SSL connection. And second, you should establish certificate pinning in your application. So that no one can sniff the communication. 

And you should use a SQL user who only has the necessary read permissions. 

If you have to write data to the database from your client applications, I wouldn't do it that way. If someone get's access to your SQL password, they cna easily messup stuff.

3. Another idea would be to establish a que system. Via PHP, or via another BOT that runs on one of your servers. The script or bot will communicate with the database. And your client apps send the data to your script or server. 

So no direct communication between your clients and the database. Much more secure.

I have a new tutorial in the works on how to connect Ubot to other webservices very easily. 

Kindest regards

Dan