UBot Underground

Proxies And Dynamic Ips

Wiri,

A dynamic IP means that the ISP can change your IP address at will without any notice.

This is opposed to a fixed IP that does not change.

My ISP uses dynamic IPs and generally my IP changes about once every six months or so.

So if you have a process that hammers a site with dozens and/or hundreds of requests and you don't use proxies they will all be coming from your IP (which probably won't change during the run).

The best technique I have used is to associate a proxy address to an account. That way when the account logs in, it comes from the same location every time like a person would.

Then when the next account logs in it is coming from a different proxy IP address that is always the same for that account. So many hits on a site from different IP/account combinations.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks arunner26 the isp I am looking at joining changes your ip everytime you connect to the internet but I can see where associating a proxy may help with less red flags. I was thinking sites would realize that some isps have dynamic ips that change everytime you connect.

Yes, sometimes, sites block by entire subnet. Meaning, even if you change your IP using dynamic, they would still block it. For now, you can probably experiment renewing the DHCP lease on your ISP and see if that will work for you. 1.gif

Thanks arunner26 the isp I am looking at joining changes your ip everytime you connect to the internet but I can see where associating a proxy may help with less red flags. I was thinking sites would realize that some isps have dynamic ips that change everytime you connect.

Even ignoring the fact that that you will probably get blocked by using just one IP (or maybe a few) if you are posting from your home connection. If for no other reason you really do need to use proxies or a vpn to give yourself some protection against complaints. If your ISP gets a bunch of complaints they may very well limit or shut down your internet connection. Buying a proxy subscription or a vps is pretty cheap so not really something you should skip.

Even ignoring the fact that that you will probably get blocked by using just one IP (or maybe a few) if you are posting from your home connection. If for no other reason you really do need to use proxies or a vpn to give yourself some protection against complaints. If your ISP gets a bunch of complaints they may very well limit or shut down your internet connection. Buying a proxy subscription or a vps is pretty cheap so not really something you should skip.

I see Thanks for the great info !

Wiri,

A dynamic IP means that the ISP can change your IP address at will without any notice.

This is opposed to a fixed IP that does not change.

My ISP uses dynamic IPs and generally my IP changes about once every six months or so.

So if you have a process that hammers a site with dozens and/or hundreds of requests and you don't use proxies they will all be coming from your IP (which probably won't change during the run).

The best technique I have used is to associate a proxy address to an account. That way when the account logs in, it comes from the same location every time like a person would.

Then when the next account logs in it is coming from a different proxy IP address that is always the same for that account. So many hits on a site from different IP/account combinations.

Hope this helps.

Hi arunner, This is really helpful. How do you accomplish your technique of making sure the correct account is linked to a specific IP? Have you ever used VPN's or just straight Proxies?

Hi arunner, This is really helpful. How do you accomplish your technique of making sure the correct account is linked to a specific IP? Have you ever used VPN's or just straight Proxies?

What I do is create a CSV file. Each row of the CSV file has all the information needed to use a proxy and also on that row is all the information needed to login to an account (such as a Yahoo Answers account, etc.)

So I loop through that CSV file and put the proxy in place, then login to the account and do the work and then logout and repeat with the next row from the CSV file.

Here is a link to a post where I show looping thru the CSV file to check the proxies. What you would add to that code is logging into an account and doing some work after checking the proxy.

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17234-simple-proxy-checker/

No, I have not used a VPN with UBOT but would like to know more about that.

• Like 1

What I do is create a CSV file. Each row of the CSV file has all the information needed to use a proxy and also on that row is all the information needed to login to an account (such as a Yahoo Answers account, etc.)

So I loop through that CSV file and put the proxy in place, then login to the account and do the work and then logout and repeat with the next row from the CSV file.

Here is a link to a post where I show looping thru the CSV file to check the proxies. What you would add to that code is logging into an account and doing some work after checking the proxy.

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17234-simple-proxy-checker/

No, I have not used a VPN with UBOT but would like to know more about that.

This is helpful and thanks for sending over the thread, I think your technique is great to link cookies and IP's together per USERID. But the more I think about it, When I want to do mass account creation or even this issue with Scraping a few times in a row (as you said hammer a site), Im not sure this techinque will work. Should I have a basket of IP's that I use to do these mass projects? If so, How should I switch them so that my bot is not running into pages that time out of lock out?

Curious to how developers are using Proxies/ VPN's in the most effecient way without, It seems like UBOT and proxies go hand in hand, Everytime I test a bot im developing a few times. Depending on the site I get locked out or my IP address gets banned.