UBot Underground

Set user agent causing bot to crash

Now and again when my bots go to Set User Agent using the "Set User Agent" command, the bot will get a browser.exe error.  I'm not using the standard user agents that come with ubot.  I add list to list with list from file (a text file in my documents).  Then I set a variable useragent to random list item.  It then uses the Set User Agent command with the useragent variable.

I've tested using each of the user agents in the text file and they work great when I manually set them.  I also tried adding a 5 second delay between each line of code.  The list isn't that long, only around 50 different user agents.

This issue only happens now and again.  It works 95% of the time, so I can't work out why this keeps happening.  Does anyone have any ideas why it keeps crashing?

Thanks in advance for any help with this, it's much appreciated and also sorry for asking stupid questions!  :P

:)

I have a similar setup, although I have 800+ user agents in my list.

I can be changing the user agent several times an hour, I don't have any wait statement after it.

I do occasionally get a browser.exe error although I have never associated it to the set user agent statement, in fact when I get a browser.exe error it never seems to have an impact on the whole procedure so I have always assumed it was something to do with closing the browser.

Out of preference I am running version Ubot 4, are you running Ubot 5?

Martin

Unfortunately that seems to have made it worse as I'm getting an error message on every loop when changing Set User Agent while In New Browser.

What error message? There must be some error in your code.

Just that browser.exe has crashed.

When not in a new browser it works most of the time, just now and again it will give the browser.exe error when using set user agent.  I'm using a program someone made on another thread to automatically close the browser.exe error messages, but it's not ideal.  I would rather figure out how to fix it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply again, :)

Just that browser.exe has crashed.

When not in a new browser it works most of the time, just now and again it will give the browser.exe error when using set user agent.  I'm using a program someone made on another thread to automatically close the browser.exe error messages, but it's not ideal.  I would rather figure out how to fix it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply again, :)

Pash's Advanced Ubot and Advanced Systems plugins can help you with the error messages (this still doesn't solve the main problem of course, but helps a lot). It also has free memory commands (+auto free memory). But no matter what I do, I still get a lot of error messages (+crashes). :(