UBot Underground

If v5 UI crashes when you open a Ubot file....

Hi.

V5 will crash if you want to load code with plugin commands but the related plugins are disabled.

Same if you paste code into the UI and switch to Node view.

You have to ensure that the plugins are enabled before you load / paste the code into the UI.

The Ubot Launcher app can help you with that. It will automatically enable the necessary plugins when you load a ubot file.

Dan

I still can't even open any of my complex bots in Ubot5... In Ubot4 they are all working perfectly.

Does it crash? Or what error do you get?

Has the support team looked into it?

Dan

Does it crash? Or what error do you get?

Has the support team looked into it?

Dan

I just sent them one of my bots, waiting for reply on that.

Most of the time I don't get any error, but after 20 minutes of loading time I have to terminate Ubot5 (it's not normal with a machine like mine). They are complex bots and I am using between 6-12 plugins in each of them though. Still, all working fine in Ubot 4.

This has been happening since 5.0.0, I always try to open up my bots after each update, but they rarely get loaded. Even if I was able to open&compile a bot, they crashed about 1 minute after startup, whereas in Ubot4 I've had no such problems.

Must be the plugins, but I'm still not happy.

I have tried every possible way to open up my scripts (with/without Ubot Studio ES, with/without plugins enabled), nothing EVER worked.

Just got a reply:

Hi Marton,

There are two issue that are related to this issue you are dealing with.

1. Using a plugin without your script without enabling it in UBot Studio 5 will cause a crash.

2. Large scripts with multiple tabs seems to be having issues loading in UBot Studio.

Both issues have been noted in the tracker, and for now, you will need to work on older larger projects in UBot 4.

It will be best to start new projects in UBot 5 and make sure your plugins are enabled when referencing it in your script.

Miriam M-B

I am using between 6-12 plugins

That is your problem i think,

with/without plugins enabled

Thats not enough to just desable the plugins you need to remove them from the directory (also the directorys seem to over lap for versions 4/5)  so you may need to remove them for version 4 as well,

Apart from that i've been using version 5 for a week or so no big problems only plugin i'm useing is Ubotdev Advanced Shell

The rest i have removed for now.

That is your problem i think,

Thats not enough to just desable the plugins you need to remove them from the directory (also the directorys seem to over lap for versions 4/5)  so you may need to remove them for version 4 as well,

Apart from that i've been using version 5 for a week or so no big problems only plugin i'm useing is Ubotdev Advanced Shell

The rest i have removed for now.

Thanks, but even Miriam over at support wasn't able to run my script (and it wasn't even the most complex one...). Unfortunately my projects are too serious to risk any anomalies due to using a beta product.

Back to Ubot 4...