UBot Underground

Click on google search result

Hi

I'm trying to make my bot click on one of the google search result. Suppose if i want to click on a link from hostgator.com (the url will be dynamic so i store it in a variable, depends upon the user input)

Below is the code that i get in Advance Elemect Editor

<a href="http://www.hostgator.com/" onmousedown="return rwt(this,'','','','1','AFQjCNFFmhVQ_aV7g72Z7p7eg0bTq7MH2w','','0CDEQFjAA','','',event)"><em>HostGator</em>: Website Hosting Services, VPS Hosting & Dedicated <b>...</b></a>

I tried the attribute href and i get the result

<href="http://www.hostgator.com/">

But when the bot clicks on it, it opens the google cached page and not the actual page

I want to open the actual page, what am i doing wrong ?

Thanks

As you noticed you are getting to a wrong page, which means you are clicking the wrong button (cached one).

Instead you should be clicking the result title with code similar to this:

set(#INPUT Keyword, "test.com", "Global")
clear list(%RESULTS)
add list to list(%RESULTS, $scrape attribute(<onmousedown=w"return rwt(this,'','','','*','*','','*','','',event)">, "href"), "Delete", "Global")
set(#RESULTS Row, 0, "Global")
loop($list total(%RESULTS)) {
    if($contains($list item(%RESULTS, #RESULTS Row), #INPUT Keyword)) {
        then {
            click($element from text("<(href=\"{$list item(%RESULTS, #RESULTS Row)}\" AND onmousedown=w\"return rwt(this,\\\'\\\',\\\'\\\',\\\'\\\',\\\'1\\\',\\\'*\\\',\\\'\\\',\\\'*\\\',\\\'\\\',\\\'\\\',event)\")>"), "Left Click", "No")
        }
        else {
        }
    }
    increment(#RESULTS Row)
}

As you noticed you are getting to a wrong page, which means you are clicking the wrong button (cached one).

Instead you should be clicking the result title with code similar to this:

set(#INPUT Keyword, "test.com", "Global")
clear list(%RESULTS)
add list to list(%RESULTS, $scrape attribute(<onmousedown=w"return rwt(this,'','','','1','*','','*','','',event)">, "href"), "Delete", "Global")
set(#RESULTS Row, 0, "Global")
loop($list total(%RESULTS)) {
        then {
            click($element from text("<(href=\"{$list item(%RESULTS, #RESULTS Row)}\" AND onmousedown=w\"return rwt(this,\\\'\\\',\\\'\\\',\\\'\\\',\\\'1\\\',\\\'*\\\',\\\'\\\',\\\'*\\\',\\\'\\\',\\\'\\\',event)\")>"), "Left Click", "No")
        }
        else {
        }
    }
    increment(#RESULTS Row)
}

Thanks, but it does not seems to work either

It worked just ok here, I guess you need to modify it a bit for your needs.

Hi

it's working for you as you are using a constant in

add list to list(%RESULTS, $scrape attribute(<onmousedown=w"return rwt(this,'','','','1','*','','*','','',event)">, "href"), "Delete", "Global")

You are using "1" but i don't know what will be rank of the site i'm searching for so it keeps changing with result, if i use a static value it will work but not with dynamic value

Please rectify me if i'm wrong, still new to ubot 

Also if you know a solution to fix it as well, please do reply

Thanks

Hi

it's working for you as you are using a constant in

You are using "1" but i don't know what will be rank of the site i'm searching for so it keeps changing with result, if i use a static value it will work but not with dynamic value

Please rectify me if i'm wrong, still new to ubot 

Also if you know a solution to fix it as well, please do reply

Thanks

Sorry, you may be right and you should use * instead of 1 there (I've edited my code).

EDIT: Ok, great to hear.

Using * won't help as it will then match all search results, i've used the outerhtml tag with some wild cards and it worked

Thanks again

Adding * will scrape all a tags that use onmouseover attribute and it has nothing to do with finding the domain, since we search for the domain name with this line:

..and not with the offset.

Adding * will scrape all a tags that use onmouseover attribute and it has nothing to do with finding the domain, since we search for the domain name with this line:

..and not with the offset.

Yeah you are right, though not sure why it did not worked for me , but anyways thanks for your help

Cheers