UBot Underground

Ubot v5 Scrape Attribute Super Slow?

Hi Guys,

Today I decided to work on converting my existing bots into v5 (there were minor bugs that were previously causing the bot to freeze when compiling which I have since resolved).

However I have noticed that my bots are now running extremely slow. Whilst running within Ubot studio, looking at the debugger, I notice that scrape attribute to a variable is running extremely slow.

I created a very simple html file with my own custom tags to test it out (the webpage is less that 1kb)

EG <customtag1>text</customtag1><customtag2>text2</customtag2> etc etc...

set(#a$scrape attribute($element offset(<tagname="customtag1">, 0), "innerhtml"), "Global")
set(#b$scrape attribute($element offset(<tagname="customtag2">, 0), "innerhtml"), "Global")

etc

So it is a very simple script running on a very simple web page.

When I run via Ubot v5 it takes 1-2 seconds to scrape each attribute. So x10 tags might take 20 seconds to complete on a single page and you can watch it scrape the content, line by line.

However when running under Ubot v4 they are all scraped in a split second.

I tried reinstalling Ubot v5 as I have read this as a recommendation for other issues people have been having with v5. However it still runs at the same speed even within compiled bots.

Is anybody else experiencing this or is it just me?

Hi quite_interesting. Just tried that, takes about 2 seconds (IE enough time for me to alt tab into the debugger and wait see it turn from blank to the text within the scrapped attribute.

You should copy that node into a new ubot file, test just the node,

test also closing other programs down incase its a performance / memory issue

could be due to malware cpu usage, so virus scan,

than if its still lagging, then report it to support.

Ubot v5 has been giving people a lot of issues, so my guess is that it is another v5 bug. Maybe you can submit a support ticket and the ubot devs can try to fix it.

• 2 years later...

This issue goes back 3 years and it still doesn't work right!

I developed a script using this doing a scrape and it takes about 80 seconds to scrape 20 items on the page.

The same exact script - using the same sort of notation as above - runs in under 1 second total under Version 4

What's the story?