UBot Underground

New bug with Database Connection?

Ok, so after a few weeks of hard work i was finally to the point to compile my new bot and do a little test drive.

Within Ubot i works perfectly.

Now for some reason when i run the compiled version it seems that whenever i do a mysql database query, the results come up with nothing.

Heres a query part:

plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll""connect to database""server=IPIPIP;uid=NAME; pwd=PASS; database=DATABASE; port=3306; pooling=false") {
    plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll""query with results""SELECT * FROM DBDATA"&EMAILS IN DB)

As you may see a normal simple query, but it doesnt seem to work when once compiled.

Am i the only one?

Im running a Windows 8 machine and Ubot 4.2.20

Any help would be appreciated.

1/ test the connection in the wizard

if no, correct details, also see if your DB allows remote access, and the access is configured fine.

if connection is all ok, try this:

plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll""connect to database""server=IPIPIP;uid=NAME; pwd=PASS; database=DATABASE; port=3306; pooling=false") {
    plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll""query with results""SELECT * FROM `DBDATA`"&EMAILS IN DB)

second line is `DBDATA` instead of DBDATA

• Like 1

try this  with your mysqluser
plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll""connect to database""server=your server;uid=user; pwd=pass; database=information_schema; port=3306; pooling=false") {
    plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll""query with results""select host from information_schema.processlist WHERE ID=connection_id();"&IP)
    plugin command("DatabaseCommands.dll""query with results""SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW());"&unixtime)
}

if u get answer your db is aviable remotely

• Like 1

Hey guys, thanks all for the feedback really really appreciated.

I tried all your suggetions just like i am already looking 3 days to this code and tried everything i could.

The problem is that when i run this inside ubot it works fine but once compiled nothing is happening...

Arrrgh... This is seriously so frustrating....

Same with your code blumi, running fine inside ubot but once compiled nothing.

So you all don't have this problem when you run a compiled bot?

SOLVED!

OMG...

I had the idea to run the compiled script on one of my VPS and for some reason i couldnt connect and then it hit me.

Noticed a Norton update a couple of days ago, went to my firewall settings and yeah. My firewall was up suddenly....

Turned it off and suprise...

Not sure why i could connect within ubot though, but i don't care why, its working now!

Sorry to you all guys hope i didnt cause to much off a problem on this one.

Happy camper here... ;)

• Like 1

I am having this same problem.  When I try to run a DB command, it works in uBot, but when the program is compiled, it never makes it past the first DB step.  So for instance, I can navigate to google, run a query, then navigate to yahoo, and it works fine in uBot.  When I compile, it navigates to google, and that's it.  It never makes it past the query, and it doesn't run the query either.  I am very frustrated.  I submitted to support weeks ago, but nothing has been done about it.

Hi MK21,

Try shutting down every instance of a firewall on your computer and go from there.

Since you are saying it works within UBot it aint a problem with your IP contacting your DB.

Hi MK21,

Try shutting down every instance of a firewall on your computer and go from there.

Since you are saying it works within UBot it aint a problem with your IP contacting your DB.

Why would this matter if both are being run on the same PC?  Why would the firewall block it as a compiled bot and not in the uBot program.  Also, why would it run the steps up the point of the DB command if it was a firewall issue?

because they are 2 different .exe programs. 

Yeah I understand that, but wouldn't it just prevent the compiled bot from running completely?  Why would it let the bot run the script up to the point of the database command but not any further script?

Hi MK21,

Ok just for the hell of it, I tried this, and I'm still having the same problem.