UBot Underground

Trying to scrape using regex, but it does not work.

Hi there, anyone could help me with this code?  thks

comment("Need this phone numbers in a list:")
load html("<p class=\"abac0\">(005) 376-6780</p>
<p class=\"abcs2\">(005) 376-6781</p>
<p class=\"afbc4\">(005) 376-6782</p>
<p class=\"abgc5\">(005) 376-6783</p>
<p class=\"abhc6\">(005) 376-6784</p>
<p class=\"abcj8\">(005) 376-6785</p>")
comment("I tried using these 2 regex codes, but they dont work")
add list to list(%phone0$find regular expression($scrape attribute($element offset(<tagname="body">, 0), "innertext"), "\\([0-9]3\\)[-. ]?[0-9]3[-. ]?[0-9]4\\b"), "Delete""Global")
add list to list(%phone1$find regular expression($scrape attribute($element offset(<tagname="body">, 0), "innertext"), "\\(\\d*\\) \\d*-\\d{4}"), "Delete""Global")

Can you say more about it? What exactly are you trying to scrape or will it show up exactly like this? It matters a lot in regex so knowing where it came from and what it is helps a lot. Are you really going to be getting them from a load html?

Nope, I am getting it from a website.  The problem is even though the regex code woks (I checked on regex hero and Edit Pad Pro), after running the script the list is empty.  Thanks for yuor help.

Okay, it's not Ubot friendly regex though (not your fault) - try this - not in code view though, just in the regex box.

\(\d{3,3}\)\s\d{3,3}\-\d{4,4}

• Like 1

Okay, it's not Ubot friendly regex though (not your fault) - try this - not in code view though, just in the regex box.

\(\d{3,3}\)\s\d{3,3}\-\d{4,4}

You did it.  Thank you so much.  But my last question is, what is "ubot friendly"?  I just learning about regex, so everything is new for me.  Thanks again.

You did it.  Thank you so much.  But my last question is, what is "ubot friendly"?  I just learning about regex, so everything is new for me.  Thanks again.

Glad to hear it! Well, that's a tough question to answer. But you did trip upon one of the most important issues which is that using {3} would not work so you have to use {3,3} which will work in any other regex tester but so would the original {3} whereas that would not work in Ubot.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it! Well, that's a tough question to answer. But you did trip upon one of the most important issues which is that using {3} would not work so you have to use {3,3} which will work in any other regex tester but so would the original {3} whereas that would not work in Ubot.

Got it.  1000s Thanks.  =)