UBot Underground

PC Parts for an Ideal Botting Machine

Hey guys, I'm looking into building a botting machine that I hope will be able to run 24/7. My bot is set to run in an infinite loop so I want to make sure that there will be no shortcomings that will hinder its process. What do you guys recommend? For memory, I'm thinking at least 12 gigs. I need it to handle around 10-20 threads and a lot of scraping. Thanks for your time.

Go for it, more memory certainly won't hurt. But keep in mind it is also how you program the bot - if you don't avoid memory leaks then there is not enough ram in the world that will save you  :mellow:

Read this:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15122-must-read-threading-doesnt-work-as-expected-tested-in-v4/

If you can avoid creating/destroying threads on each iteration and instead try to create the threads one time. Save off large lists since these really slow down Ubot. And you may need to make the bot restart every so often. To do this you can use this: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12765-free-free-plugin-close-bot-command/

You will need to launch a second bot then close the first then wait a minute or two and open it back up and close the second (unless somebody has a better way to do it).

There are some quirks you have to work around but it should be doable.

4-8 gigs of RAM will be enough. Get a modern CPU, but don't bother with top-of-the line. Your bot performance will mostly be limited by I/O, so be sure to get a SSD and a fast and stable internet connection, plugged directly into ethernet (no wifi!).

With that you should be good to go.

-meter

4-8 gigs of RAM will be enough. Get a modern CPU, but don't bother with top-of-the line. Your bot performance will mostly be limited by I/O, so be sure to get a SSD and a fast and stable internet connection, plugged directly into ethernet (no wifi!).

With that you should be good to go.

-meter

You can have all the fancy parts you want, but your bot won't know what to process without a proper internet connection.

well ubot is a resource hog and even the best parts money can buy will not let you run ubot 24/7.

As long as you get a decent amount of ram min 6gb,one of the latest processors and a ssd you are good to go.

However to run larger made ubot's even the best pc money can buy won't save you from the crashes ubot will have at some point.

It's not the pc's fault when it crashes it is ubot,so i would not over spend on getting the latest and greatest parts just for ubot.

Even my 5k alienware laptop is not able to run ubot 24/7 without problems.