UBot Underground

Google Voice to Send Text Messages

I was working on a bot using google voice.  I made it so that it grabs the phone number for a list on a text file and send them using the send text option (snapshot included).  I got it to work.  But does anybody know if  google sets  a cap on how many texts I can send?

I was also thinking of making a bot using the same method where you can log into your ATT account (Snapshot Include)  and use the send text message option from within your account management.

Any thoughts?

post-9583-0-89056900-1381263739_thumb.png

post-9583-0-29668100-1381263740_thumb.png

You might want to look into using Twilio as well. Just a thought.

-meter

Meter, 

Thanks for the twilio recommedation.  I looked into it.  Very nice.  I been looking at it for the past few hours.  Even found a wordpress plugin that works great with it.  BUT!!!!  Its .75 per outgoing text.  Which means If I send 1000 it will run me $750 lol.  Am I reading this right or is there something else I should know about? :)

https://www.twilio.com/sms/pricing

It's 0.75 of a cent for outgoing texts. So 1000 texts will cost you $7.5 :)

-meter

GOT IT!!!!  I appreciate the help.  I just made a quickbot using textnow.com  Works also and its free.  But i like the functionality of Twilio :)

• 9 months later...

You can also send emails directly to mobile phones using the phone number and the carrier if you have it - FREE (so like Sprint would be <number>@messaging.sprintpcs.com.  It will show up as a text from the email client you are using.  I have been looking for a way to just post the number and allow (a third party) to source the carrier, but I have yet to find it.

Still Twilio makes it easy.