UBot Underground

Pricing strategy for bots

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Ubot and excited to start learning and creating.

Would like advice on how to figure out what to charge for bots that may be sold in different ways. Example bots sold as complied or with the source code would be priced differently. Also bots that can be sold to offline business or online to marketers wiill have different pricing.

For my first project I have been asked to create a bot that will scrape google for urls and collect the websites email address. They would then contact the website owner with offer. He wants me to create 2 small bots (1 to scrape, 1 to send email) as seperate bots (he would pay for both as 1 price). Then have another bot with both bots combined as 1 bot. This may sound odd be he has his reasoning for this.

My problem is I have no idea of what to base pricing on for this projct or anything in the future.

I would appreciate anyone willing to share their pricing strategy with me and any other tips you may offer.

Thanks,

jobots

There is probably some sellers already here, that you could buy a similar if not that exact bot from already. Have a look at their pricing structure, what kind of service they offer etc. Loads of ideas there.

Are you factoring in updates? Scraping google may require updates from time to time. What about proxy support? Smtp limitations for sending emails?

Your client may expect the software to work 100% of the time full pelt, so consider factors outside your control.

Proxy support?

What about other sources? Facebook for email addresses and so on.

Charge what you feel it's worth to them, but this is generally figured out by a good conversation with them. The promise of more bots later in return for a cheap price is not a good indication of their spend worthiness IMO.