UBot Underground

Basic question, I seem to have forgot

Hey guys,

I'm back after a really long time, and seem to have forgotten one of the simplest things: how do I go from one tab to the next. What I mean is if I have two tabs (basically thing thing that says "untitled script"), what is the code for me to call the second tab from the first?

I remember there used to be something called "call sub", although I don't think that's it.

How do I get tab A to call tab B?

Just click on the tab to open it... you can't call it. 

The defines you create in one tab will work from any tab, you don't need to call it from the same tab it is coded under.

But I want to call it. For instance, if tab 1 is having all my definitions, tab 2 has my navigation to website and log in, tab 3 has my navigate to posts, edit them, tab 4 has add images to posts etc....

Now how do i call each successive tab from the earlier one? Don't say I cant do it (ubot is supposed to be good right?)

You'll need to put all "tab code" into a define command/function, and then call that script from the tab you want.

Hmmm interesting, that seems feasible, keeps my code clean at least. Would be nice if future releases of ubot could have these tabs acting as 'run sub' from the earlier versions of uBot. So what's the current use of these 'tab's'?

• 3 months later...

I have a question about this. I have 3 tabs, I want to run tab 3 from the second tab. Now I put everything of tab 3 in a 'define command' function, but it asks me for parameters also? (why do I need that)

All i want is something simple, so that from tab 2, after a certain point it would run tab 3, then once that is finished, it would continue with the remaining portion of tab 2. (similar to sub/run sub from the earlier versions of uBot)

Hmmm interesting, that seems feasible, keeps my code clean at least. Would be nice if future releases of ubot could have these tabs acting as 'run sub' from the earlier versions of uBot. So what's the current use of these 'tab's'?

Sorry, I didn't saw the question before. I currently use tabs to code a subset of my bot in separate tab, where I can also test that part only, but you could also use tabs for users of compiled versions, since each tab can have it's own UI.

I have a question about this. I have 3 tabs, I want to run tab 3 from the second tab. Now I put everything of tab 3 in a 'define command' function, but it asks me for parameters also? (why do I need that)

All i want is something simple, so that from tab 2, after a certain point it would run tab 3, then once that is finished, it would continue with the remaining portion of tab 2. (similar to sub/run sub from the earlier versions of uBot)

Just ignore the parameters, I don't think you need them for what you are trying to achieve.