UBot Underground

Simple Facebook menu select

I had this working fine in version 3.5

http://i.imgur.com/Kyt03ge.png

I just want to select the top choice - NEWTONVILLE, MA. Facebook forces you to choose a menu item, you can't type "Newtonville, MA" and be done with it. I was able to choose this is ver 3.5 by doing an ARROW DOWN and ENTER key. Simple right? Can't do it in version 4. Here's what I got (log in to Facebook)

navigate("https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?type=users", "Wait")
wait(3)
type text(<name="q">, "new", "Standard")
wait(3)
click(<title="Search for people, places and things">, "Left Click", "No")
wait(3)
type text(<value="Type the name of a city or region.">, "Newtonville", "Standard")

This used to work in 3.5:

plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "keyboard event", "Down, "Key Press")
plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "keyboard event", "Enter", "Key Press")

Seems like it should but doesn't. I've tried FOCUSing on the element, nothing. Is there some way to select it via javascript or something? Now, I CAN make it work by doing an on screen click:

plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "click mouse", "Facebook User Scrape v1* - UBot Studio Professional Edition", "HwndWrapper[UBot Studio.exe;;REMOVED]", 1068, 424, "Left Click")
wait(3)
plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "keyboard event", "Down", "Key Press")

Problem is, I want to compile my bot and give it to others. Programming a "hard click" on the screen gets messed up depending on how you have your browser window configured. (right?)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. Now it works. My problem is I'm so used to version 3.5 , that I don't think to use the onscreen image select box to choose something. I've now been exploiting this for a couple of things.