UBot Underground

Change File Field in vb.net

I'm still pretty new to uBot, but I've mastered it pretty well for the things that I've needed to learn to make some very useful bots for my business, but as I grow, I'm wanting to do a lot of with SQL server, which I can't do with uBot unfortunately.  So I've been forced to try to learn a programming language.  I've chosen vb.net for now, but I could probably be convinced to go in another direction if it made sense.  So I've tried to recreate my uBot bots in vb.net as a learning experience.  So far, I'm still stuck on my first one.  I'm hoping maybe someone on here is familar enough with vb.net that they can help me get over this speed bump. 

Here's the problem I'm having.  For now I am using the WebBrowser method in Visual Studio because it's similar enough to uBot for me, and I haven't had the patience to try to figure out the HttpWebRequest method yet.  I'm hung up on a step where I need to upload a file to a website that I have an account with.  In uBot, I am able to use the change file field command.  This keeps the Open File Dialog box from popping up, and populates the upload form with the file name that I have set as the variable.  Does anyone know how I can do the same thing with vb.net?  I have scoured the net for the past few days, and I just can't seem to find anything that walks me through that type of command.  TIA for any help.

Hey I'm just starting with vb.net as well. It's not so 'basic' as the name implies especially compared to Ubot Studio lol. Then again the syntax is much more readable than javascript or java I really hate those two. To answer your question I think you need to call the stream reader, then load the files from a folder on your computer then upload but it's not really easy for beginners. There's going to be a lot of code involved it's best to follow along instead of building it yourself. Maybe these tuts will help:

Good luck!

Oh btw.. check out these tutorials.. I'm on #53 it's a great series to learn from:

• Like 1

Thanks for the links.  Unfortunately, that's not really what I'm looking to do.  I'm looking to click an "upload file" button on a web page and have it change the file filed to the file without opening the open file diaglog box.  That's the only way I can fully automate the bot.  I know it's possible because I can do it uBot.  I suppose it could only be possible in C++ or C# which I don't know much about at the moment.

Hey I'm just starting with vb.net as well. It's not so 'basic' as the name implies especially compared to Ubot Studio lol. Then again the syntax is much more readable than javascript or java I really hate those two. To answer your question I think you need to call the stream reader, then load the files from a folder on your computer then upload but it's not really easy for beginners. There's going to be a lot of code involved it's best to follow along instead of building it yourself. Maybe these tuts will help:

Good luck!

Oh btw.. check out these tutorials.. I'm on #53 it's a great series to learn from:

Although this is a forum for Ubot, that is a great video series.

Thanks

I do realize that this is a uBot forum, and if this had nothing to do with uBot, I wouldn't have posted it.  However, this is a command that works in uBot, and I was hoping that someone that is familiar with both uBot and vb.net or c# would be able to help me understand the underlying code for the "change file field" command so that I could expand my knowledge base into a new coding language.