UBot Underground

Got Regex Buddy / Edit Padpro | Anything else ?

I just wanted to say. I just, just, just stated to learn regular expressions. After reading what a few ppl on this forum said i went a head and got Regex Buddy and Edit Padpro. I got to say it was the smarted thing i could have done. These programs made regex a whole lot easier to work with. Thanks for the advice.

Id like to know if there is anything/place anyone knows about that might have helped them or still does in regards to regex. please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

Id like to know if there is anything/place anyone knows about that might have helped them or still does in regards to regex. please let me know.

If anyone runs across any good regex training courses/videos I'd love to hear about them... http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I use espresso for regex and notepad++ for my text editing needs :)

I actually started with those. But edit padpro seemed a lot better.. It seemed to be a lot more user friendly with more then enough support. As far as expresso i noticed ( could have just been me) but a lot of the expressions didnt work they way they should. Like all most of the examples saved in the library didnt work in ubot. Everything i create in edit padpro worked perfectly. Expresso seemed to make more problems for me.

If anyone runs across any good regex training courses/videos I'd love to hear about them... http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

These may help you out.. I password protected the rar.. but the password is " ubot!!! "

Contents include:

Chapter 1 31m 30s

Your First Matches 7m 40s

Character Classes and Alternation 8m 48s

Carets and Dollars 5m 38s

Capturing Values 2m 50s

Greedy Matches 2m 7s

Ranges and Curly Braces 4m 27s

Chapter 2 17m 19s

Search and Replace 3m 51s

Porting the Previous Exercise to PHP 3m 53s

preg_match and preg_match_all 5m 47s

The preg_split Function 3m 48s

Chapter 3 17m 4s

Negative Lookbehinds 5m 35s

Lookaheads 6m 19s

Non-capturing Groups 2m 2s

Backreferences 3m 8s

Chapter 4 20m 7s

Stripping Out an Anchor Tag's Attributes 2m 41s

Matching a US Phone Number, and Named Captures 3m 52s

Removing Whitespace 3m 8s

Matching an Email Address 3m 38s

Verifying a String's Length 1m 58s

The Beginnings of a Markdown-like Service 4m 50s

Chapter 5 19m 25s

An Advanced Phone Number Expression 3m 21s

Add Comments with the X Flag 4m 57s

Conditional Expressions (if-then) 3m 2s

Passing Arrays to preg_replace 3m 2s

Callback Functions for a RegEx 5m 3s

I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.. One thing i would do differently is work along with the video. The whole secret to regex. The key is remembering as many of the characters as you can as fast as you can. Best way to do that is to just dig right in. I watched them all first, then tried to do it. Needless to say everything went blank the minute i started trying to do it on my own. So now im going back over them all, all over again.

Im still waiting for it to upload.. Once its done il post the download link.

This looks awesome... can't wait to dig into it!

Thanks for the share!!

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Thanks Security...unfortunately we no longer accept zip files due to a serious problem we had earlier this year. We also don't accept links to public file sharing on the forum anymore, as everything needs to be transparent for the security of the members. You can either post the videos in the thread, or you can contact me (via PM), send me the zip file (I'll give you a link), I'll check it over and add it to this thread once I clear it.

Another option would be to send it via skype to interested parties, however, I think it's too useful to just disallow so by all means contact me so we can get it approved for the forum.

John

Thanks Security...unfortunately we no longer accept zip files due to a serious problem we had earlier this year. We also don't accept links to public file sharing on the forum anymore, as everything needs to be transparent for the security of the members. You can either post the videos in the thread, or you can contact me (via PM), send me the zip file (I'll give you a link), I'll check it over and add it to this thread once I clear it.

Another option would be to send it via skype to interested parties, however, I think it's too useful to just disallow so by all means contact me so we can get it approved for the forum.

John

Thats cool.. I would actually like to post those for this entire forum. I would have uploaded to youtube.. but i dnt know if there will be an copy right issues.. If we could post them in this forum tho i think it would help everyone out a lot. Il PM you the files let me know if you can put them up.